Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Adding MIDI data to the database file

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

djnutzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Here is my idea:

The database already stores the cue point information for each track. What I would like to do is be able to assign a specific Midi note to a specific location in a song. The data could be stored in the database for each file. Then when the specified point is reached, the midi note is sent out to whatever midi device the user has specified. This external control could be used for all kinds of options like DMX lighting.

Inviato Tue 08 Mar 11 @ 9:59 am

Inviato Fri 11 Mar 11 @ 7:04 pm
djnutzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
That is close. The database file already stores the cue point information as a numerical value. I would like to see the ability to do the same with specific MIDI notes as well as the ability to send those MIDI notes out of the computer. It's really that simple.

Inviato Mon 14 Mar 11 @ 9:04 am
I had a similar topic about this a while age... sbdj was telling me vdj was a midi hog, and was unable to send midi out, but I think from memory he was making the freestyler program hid, which if heaps of vids on youtube are correct, this can be converted to midi in an external application (youtube is saying it in reverse though, hid comes in and gets converted to midi), would be cool, but the only application I can think of for this to be useful is for dmx lighting now that vdj can send a midi clock out to external devices.

Inviato Mon 14 Mar 11 @ 12:38 pm
vjapuPRO InfinityMember since 2010
djnutz wrote :
That is close. The database file already stores the cue point information as a numerical value. I would like to see the ability to do the same with specific MIDI notes as well as the ability to send those MIDI notes out of the computer. It's really that simple.

great feature

Inviato Fri 10 Jun 11 @ 5:21 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)