Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Help! Laptop Or Desktop - Page: 3

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
lol big words..(rolls eyes) thanks yeah..make us feel inferior why dont you lol.

i dont know, give a country a language to speak and they us it against you for verbal fisty cuffs...

@amahm, ill try to get some recordings of some and upload them to youtube or something. some of the eglish dialects are totally eff'd.

take the geordies for instance.. heres a geordie translator you can play around with

http://www.geordie.org.uk/

lol, yes thats a translator for an english dialect variation. pmsl.

an heres a vid of an english man and a geordie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSHHbfY6MVc. they guy in green is a geordie.

Inviato Fri 15 Jul 11 @ 5:21 am
i only speak American and barely passable Tayla ....

Inviato Fri 15 Jul 11 @ 8:54 am
I went with a mobile desktop, make sure to get a sturdy handle.

Inviato Fri 15 Jul 11 @ 12:37 pm
This is the way for me:

I have had a case with a rackmount pc mounted in it but it was too heavy. Something like djdab's setup is perfetc. And you have all the cables connected wich is a plus.

Inviato Fri 15 Jul 11 @ 1:59 pm
davesouligne wrote :
I went with a mobile desktop, make sure to get a sturdy handle.

Discontinued, I called everywhere for one when I built my computer beginning of last year and the other case I want that AMaHM has, is also not in production at the moment.

Inviato Fri 15 Jul 11 @ 5:39 pm
what about heating ?? Doesnt a laptop heat up too fast .. therefore betteruse Desktop??

kradcliffe wrote :
Laptop advantages:

Portability
Screen built in

Desktop advantages:

Choice of video cards
Multiple HDD bays for redundancy (raid etc.)

Keith

Inviato Sun 19 Apr 15 @ 6:25 am
Depends what you go for. Macbooks can get roasting hot but others stay cool.

Inviato Sun 19 Apr 15 @ 6:33 am
What is like with a mini pc or a mini mac?
iself dont use one from this but think a good Notebook is the best for this when you are Mobile on Road.
For Home and Discothec and Club a Desktop is the best.

Iself use at this Time a old Toshiba Notebook and since a week a new HP Stream 7" Tablet with Win 8.1 on it (must test more out)
for backup with my AA VMS2 but i work only with Audiofiles.

greetings,Dirk

Inviato Sun 19 Apr 15 @ 10:55 am
Those are some pretty cool Rack mount / Desk top builds Kuddos guys!

Well Personally i used to go with a desktop in a rack mount case. - That was a long time ago. Biggest weakness to a Desktop rig. its power supply..
Pro of a laptop, if the power supply goes, it is usually quickly and easily replaceable. (so do yourself a favor, buy an extra power cable / transformer if you go the laptop route!)

Sing then I have used laptops. (I always have at least one back up, but not because I am worried about the laptop failing)

I have never had a laptop over heat on me at a gig. With one exception. When I let an old Dell (black) sit in direct sunlight 2 hours prior to when it needed to be used. So don't let your gear sit in direct sunlight for too long. If you must work in direct sunlight. Cover your gear with a light colored thick cloth to help reflect the heat waves.

If you are overly concerned about heating issues, get a cooling plate.

With the invention of cheap 2tb or 3 TB externals many laptops now come with 750 or 1 TB

Just bought two new Toshiba Radius i7s a few months back. They will be my main computer and back up for the next two years. Retired the old laptop for office work. It was a toshiba i7 as well.

Yeah it usually sucks because you are at the mercy of the graphics card for your machine. You can tweek the settings and over come that to some extent.

If you are doing heavy Video DJing then you might want to consider a custom build laptop or a "gaming" High performance laptop.

It really depends on how much mileage you expect out of your laptop. I usually keep a laptop for 2 years then I wipe the data on it and pass it off to someone else.

I have never filled a hard drive completely on a laptop. I usually keep the hard drive on the laptop about half full or less.

Extra hard drive bays are a mute point unless you are buying small hard drives or happen to have more than 3 TB of music.

I will be buying two 3TB external Ultra portable Hard drives this year because I am about 300gb away from being completely full on the 2 TB models.

It has taken me over 10 years to fill a 2 TB hard drive of music.

Ram and processor power is key. Do your research. Some models are better than others, sometimes a model that is 100 less is sometimes better specs all the way around than one that is 100 more. But that also depends on the time something was made and released blah blah blah... SO you really have to shop around.

Best!

Inviato Wed 06 May 15 @ 10:56 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)