Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Best budget software to change bass beat on full length WMA/MP3 song files?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

New to the scene here, not really a DJ, and tried doing a search, but the terms I guessed at didn't reveal much. If there is a thread regarding this, please point me to it.

I'm wondering what the better budget programs are for changing a songs bass beats are, like for those songs rock well enough, but simply don't have the best beat for dance.

I'm sure the best way to do it would be to change the track ahead of time, but if there's a plugin feature or something for DJ Mix Station 3 or VDJ for doing it on the fly, please let me know as well.

I tried the Ejay Dance 6 demo and the Hip Hop one as well (Hip Hop didn't seem to be able to go up to a high enough BPM), but without being able to import a song, (and with limited samples of beat sounds) I didn't want to make the leap of faith to just buying it.

Decent control over crossover frequency and cutoff rate would be nice.

Your opinion?

Thanks.

Inviato Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 2:41 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
well all i can tell you is what i do to make simple remixes of songs, simply make up a one bar(4 beat) or 4 bar (16 beat) kick track (or whatever else you want to lay over you not rocking enough tune) and then load it in a sampler track in VDJ with enough drumbeats and basslines is the sample banks who needs Ableton Live!

Programs such as cubase, logic and fruity loops are good for such a task (personaly i have fruity loops) if you want a more permenant change to a song and virtual DJ isnt up to the task i have to point you to logic as it is sooo professional and has so many features (falloff slope selection and filters a-plenty)

Inviato Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 2:56 am
Thanks for the information.

I'm checking out the FL demo, but I think it's a little more than I need. Is there anything more taylored to the DJ just slapping down some new basslines, rather than the all-out create music from scratch type software? I guess I'm looking for something with quicker results, and less expense. The other programs look out of my price range.

I'll try out the sampler track thing. Just need to low-pass filter some songs. Seams like it's probably the solution that would work best for what I'm looking for.

Any other software recommendations?

Inviato Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 5:14 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)