Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Phase meter...

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Please don't think that I am suggesting VDJ morph into Traktor, but I have to say that I prefer the phase meter as used in traktor to the beatkeeper as used in VDJ.

I, like others will, have encountered the beatkeeper on Numark and Behringer products (iDJ2, Beat800, etc, etc), but I've always found it less dynamic than a phase meter, which is also used in Cue.Play.Dj as well as Traktor. I certainly feel it gives a more accurate impression of what is going on with the beat and phase.

Maybe have it as a skin option, so skin designers can choose which system they wish to incorporate.

Inviato Tue 29 Mar 11 @ 11:38 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Phase meters will never measure the true phase. Your ears & brain do ;-)
So, just align roughly the waveforms and start beatmatching with your body, not with an algorithm!

Inviato Wed 30 Mar 11 @ 1:34 pm
Thank you for possibly the most innane response...

Based on what you said, lets expand that to it's logical conclusion...lets remove the beetkeeper (can be done within the skin), remove the sync facility (again can be done within the skin and mapping)...now, what else shall we get rid of so that we can return to the old days of mixing...Oh I know...lets get rid of the most unstable factor in the modern DJ setup...The computer!

Right, now we're back in the late 90's, lets drag out our Technics and CDJ's and go back to the old way of concentrating on searching for tracks in crates, concentrating on beatmatching, etc, rather than providing a more polished entertainment experience for the audience...

If you haven't guessed, there is a certain amount of sarcasm within this post (certainly as I come from Vinyl, through CD's to Software).

I love the creative freedom that DJ software has brought to the game and things like sync, beetkeeper, keylock and phase meters have allowed DJ's to concentrate of the creative and entertainment aspect, rather than having their heads buried in crates , etc.

Inviato Thu 31 Mar 11 @ 6:27 am
Phase Meter is not necessary on VDJ because weveforms is superimposed on each other.
These meters are useful when the decks are separated waveforms side by side, but in my opinion, they are not accurate. When I was using Traktor I've disabled the Phase Monitor.

Inviato Thu 31 Mar 11 @ 2:29 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
@ Simon: Exactly what Rodrigozvolta wrote.
What I said is not to remove all candy features, but just that the phase mater is useless since you can overlap the two waveforms even at wide zoom levels, thus making a phase meter completely useless, since you can get much more information from the overlapped waveforms (peaks and beat markers) than from a phase meter! ;-)
However, even by aligning waveforms you don't get the correct phase, and even with a phase meter (which just computes the distance from waveform peaks), you won't always get the correct phase, so you still need to work by ear.

Inviato Sat 02 Apr 11 @ 5:39 am
I also asked for a way to remove that distraction a long time ago. Just give me the option of turning it off. Like we can set the beat counter numbers to zero, just allow us to be able to at least set it so it just pulses to the beat. Not tell me measure two when I know it's measure three. I really do try my best to ignore it, but I ask myself, what would be a better use of that space? For those who take the time to align every song, great!! For those of us that don't want it, I hope we can get the on/off option at least.

Inviato Wed 28 Oct 15 @ 4:24 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)