Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Sync over the internet wirelessly

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I would like to be able to sync the vdj folder wirelessly over the internet between two computers.

You could have a sync now button in the info tab in config or something.

Inviato Sun 10 Apr 11 @ 10:44 am
Sync what? Your Media? Your Database? Your settings?

Inviato Sun 10 Apr 11 @ 10:58 am
According to the Virtual DJ EULA:
Quote :
----- VirtualDJ End User License Agreement -----

1. PERMITTED USE AND RESTRICTIONS

You are granted one license to:
- install and use the Software on one computer.
- install and use the Software on a second computer, if this computer is normally used by the same person and the Software will not be used on both computers at the same time.
- make back-up copies of the Software for archival purposes.

So a sync button would be redundant as you are only permitted one instance of VDJ running at a time unless they are networked via LAN connection hence eliminating the need for a sync button in that case.

Inviato Sun 10 Apr 11 @ 7:46 pm
That's why I'm asking what he wants to sync...
Syncing your configurations or "My Documents\VirtualDj" folder might be a good addition to the software. I use 6 pc's (I gig only with one, the rest are for testing purposes) and some times it get frustrating to "sync" the add-ons (like plug-ins) that I test on one PC to another.
I can live with the current situation, but it might be better if the software was able to retrieve the data from another PC somehow...

Inviato Mon 11 Apr 11 @ 3:14 am
That would make sense especially in your situation Phantom. Gig with one, build skins with another, download/scan/tag with another, etc. I see your point.

Inviato Mon 11 Apr 11 @ 10:15 pm
Sync everything in the VDJ folder to another pc, i.e your back up pc

Inviato Fri 15 Apr 11 @ 1:24 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)