Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Sampler - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

zjscottHome userMember since 2011
It would be lovely and beneficial if more than 12 samplers could be loaded into the samplers pack.

Suggestion: Why not have a sampler bank which would be accessible by VDJ and the users. Each sampler would be given a position in the bank, so when the user wants to play the sampler he or she could just press a special key for example shift+7 to play the sampler which has the position of #7 in the bank; same would be true for sampler #44 where he would just press shirt+44 to play it.

I am not sure how practical this is, but I think it would be great to have that though instead of just having 12; the 12 at the F1,F2 etc MUST still be functional though, it should NOT be eliminated from the package because those could be used as core samplers which most DJs use.

Inviato Sun 05 Jun 11 @ 10:35 am
YEAH! REALLY!

Inviato Sun 05 Jun 11 @ 4:01 pm
I fear that most of you will disagree, but: with the extra decks (WITH PFL AND EQ CONTROLS!!!) we now have, what do we need the sampler for?

Inviato Thu 09 Jun 11 @ 12:33 pm
zjscottHome userMember since 2011
Samplers cannot be too much especially if you play different genres of music on the FM and online. More samplers slots are definitely needed though.

Inviato Sat 11 Jun 11 @ 9:47 pm
DJGCEPRO InfinityMember since 2009
personally, i think the only improvement the sampler needs is Keylock.

Inviato Sun 12 Jun 11 @ 5:10 pm
Personally I'd like to be able to see it without having to flip tabs all the time. Sometimes I forget what samples I have loaded in there........

Huey

Inviato Sun 12 Jun 11 @ 6:04 pm
DJGCEPRO InfinityMember since 2009
kinda like the SP-6 from SSL? or implemented in a totally new way?

Inviato Sun 12 Jun 11 @ 10:59 pm
DJGCE wrote :
personally, i think the only improvement the sampler needs is Keylock.

It should be possible... we've got the "sampler_pitched" and the "sampler 1 pitchlock" VDJscript commands... BUT I CAN'T GET THEM TO WORK!!! Grrr... :(

Inviato Tue 14 Jun 11 @ 7:26 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Personally I'd like to be able to see it without having to flip tabs all the time. Sometimes I forget what samples I have loaded in there........

I don't think there is anything to stop this from being done in a skin, the VDJScript verbs certainly seem to exist.

Inviato Tue 14 Jun 11 @ 8:45 am
True and I have done it............but I'm sure the team could do it a lot better then I have done ;-)

Huey

Inviato Tue 14 Jun 11 @ 9:22 am
Alright then, Huey... Let's have it. You can't tease us and then let us hanging. SPILL THE BEANS!!! (lol)
No, seriously. I would be VERY interested in knowing how you got the sampler to lock the key...

Inviato Wed 15 Jun 11 @ 3:55 am
sampler # play & sampler pitched & sampler beatlock

If you want to get fancy you can make the sample loop, play_stutter etc...

If your trying to do it with a deck there is no way to loop the whole sample so you would need to select to loop a specific amount but half and double as necessary. You also need to manually enter a beatgrid for every sample you intend to play so it can be beatlocked

for example you could use:

stutter sync
deck 5 play_sync while_pressed & sampler 1 select

play loop beatlocked
deck 5 play_sync_onbeat & deck 5 loop 4 & sampler 1 select

Inviato Wed 15 Jun 11 @ 4:11 am
Hi there, synthet1c! I tried:

<button pannel="system" action="sampler 1 play_stutter & sampler_pitched">

<button pannel="system" action="sampler 1 nothing & sampler pitched">

<button pannel="system" action="sampler 1 play_stutter & sampler pitched">

<button pannel="system" action="sampler 1 pitched">

<button pannel="system" action="sampler 1 nothing & sampler_pitched">

But nothing will lock the key of the sample when i raise the pitch of the playing song... :(

Any ideas? Anyone?

Inviato Wed 15 Jun 11 @ 6:21 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Yeah I think there may have been some misunderstanding here - you can't keylock the sampler. It's been talked about for a long time, I suspect it was never implemented because of the CPU resources required for the keylock. However, that was then, this is now, with PCs getting more and more powerful, it may be a feasble option in the not too distant future... here's hoping!

Inviato Thu 16 Jun 11 @ 9:32 pm
Please anyone from Atomix confirm that.

And if so, then why the VDJscript command sampler_pitched?

Inviato Fri 17 Jun 11 @ 3:01 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
sampler pitched is not for keylock I believe.

It's supposed to control the 'Match Pitch' option for the sampler, ie that it follows the tempo of the current deck as it changes.

Inviato Sat 18 Jun 11 @ 1:47 pm
Keylock on samples is not currently supported.

Inviato Sat 18 Jun 11 @ 2:53 pm
Thank you both for clearing this up!

Inviato Sat 18 Jun 11 @ 8:13 pm
Can vdj7 stutter the sample meaning the sample restarts each time I hit the specfic function key, I have asked for this feature as far as 2005. Let me know if this possible.

Inviato Sat 16 Jul 11 @ 12:51 pm
@streaming_DJ

you have been asking the wrong people then.... its already possible, here is three solutions

sampler 1 play_stutter

sampler 1 play while_pressed

down ? sampler 1 play : sampler 1 stop

if your ever in doubt you have the wiki to refer to, that's what I use

Inviato Sat 16 Jul 11 @ 1:08 pm
91%