Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Syphon freeframe effect (video virtual streaming)

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

fhill2Home userMember since 2011
I have downloaded Syphon as a freeframe plug-in which I intend to use to route the video output to another application, when I open the freeframe effect in the 'video effects' tab. No parameters show up, does this mean it's not supported? As far as I know using syphon is the only way to obtain a video output from virtualdj that I can route to another application for additional mixing, if you know any other way, I would like to know.
Thanks!

Inviato Thu 30 Jun 11 @ 8:17 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Freeframe is not supported on the mac version yet AFAIK.

Inviato Fri 01 Jul 11 @ 7:34 pm
BETEPPRO InfinityMember since 2009
We need freeframe plugins!!!

Inviato Thu 21 Jul 11 @ 7:25 am
For the lucky (?) ones on Mac, please check this out, if you want to use Syphon to route VDJ's video output (mix) to e.g. a dedicated VJ tool on the same (!) computer, in real time and almost with no load on the cpu :
http://forums.v002.info/topic.php?id=50&replies=3#post-945

In that VJ tool (like GrandVJ 1.6) you can then manipulate the video mix further, using the full FX of that VJ program. Again, it's real-time enough so as not to lose synch to the music.

Too bad, but Windows graphics pipeline seems to make this type of video routing impossible, so it likely stays Mac only.

Syphon will route video-out from an app using the Syphon server to one with a Syphon client. See http://syphon.v002.info/

Inviato Tue 29 Nov 11 @ 3:34 pm

Inviato Wed 26 Dec 12 @ 9:10 am
I got it working last Sunday and its incredibly stable - the Syphon between virtual DJ and grand VJ.

I don't have the exact instructions - but a few things you need to have installed are:

Syphon Server for Virtual DJ - Install this in your Video Effects folder. When it shows up in Virtual DJ - activate - the ON light will go blue (or green) - and then you are sending your video output to Syphon. Make sure video is active - and whatever resolution you are sending - is what Syphon is getting ie if you are sending video to a window on your main monitor - then the PREVIEW quality is what is being sent, if you are sending 800x600 to a VGA monitor / 1920x1280 to a projector /etc

Quartz Composer (Which I think is in the Graphic Tools for XCode 4.4) - if its not installed on your mac - you will need to sign up for a developer account. There is no charge - you just need the login.

Look on the Syphon message board for the Syphon for Quartz Composer Plug In. This is what will be the client that you will pull into Grand VJ.

I am in a rush right now - but will go back and write up step by step instructions this week when I have a chance to retrace my steps. If you have specific questions - let me know and I will try to answer.

Inviato Sat 29 Dec 12 @ 2:25 pm

Inviato Mon 21 Jan 13 @ 11:03 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)