Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-S1 Problem - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

splaoPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I bought the Pioneer DDJ-S1 and I installed cstoll mapper. The controller works great but the job wheel does not scratch; it just makes a quiet sound when I try to scratch. I tried all different setting and got the same problem. I even installed it on another computer and still the same problem. Please note that my computers already run the NS7 without problem. I also spoke to apopsis from Automix and he could not figure it out. I am hoping someone here on the forum have any ideas. I have already tried the jog latency and many other settings. Please note that the scratching works perfectly in Itch.

Inviato Thu 04 Aug 11 @ 5:15 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
When you have the controller in Vinyl Mode (VINYL BUTTON is ON - Blue) - look at the Config -> Options tab. What is the the Jog Mode option set at ? Forth option in the left column - is it also on Vinyl?

And when you say 'quite' sound - do you mean it stops the track then doesn't move the track when moving the jog? Or is the track moving with the jog but no sound is heard?

Inviato Thu 04 Aug 11 @ 7:18 pm
The jog mode corresponds to what is shown on the controller i.e when the blue vinyl button is lit, the jog mode shows vinyl and when it is not lit the jog mode shows cd.

The track does move with the jog but the sound that is coming out is very low. It sounds 10 times lower that what it should be. I have tested the same song in Itch and it sounds good. I recorded a sample of what it sounds like. I can send it to you via email so you can see what I mean. I hope we can get this resolved because I know I can do some sick mixing on this controller; otherwise I will have to take it back.

Also I saw three another guys on the forum reporting the same problem. their names VDJ forum are Alexko, Xenons3 and Avo69

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/143425/Hardware_Technical_Support/Mappers_for_%3Cspan%20style=

Inviato Fri 05 Aug 11 @ 5:20 am
The others are reporting a 'latency' issue - which is most likely because they have tried to set the drivers to a level not good for their systems.

And what you are now reporting is the 'level' of sound is not as loud when scratching as when just normally playing. So, the jogs work as they are suppose to - but you are having an audio level issue - NO??

Inviato Fri 05 Aug 11 @ 9:58 am
The audio level is only bad when scratching, otherwise the audio level is fine. The device cannot scratch with VDJ. Maybe I should make a video for you to see and hear yourself.

Inviato Fri 05 Aug 11 @ 1:09 pm
Please make a video ...

But please watch how you state things -- "audio level is only bad when scratching" and "device cannot scratch with VDJ" are opposite statements

- So again, does the scratching work?? Yes, you can scratch on the controller. Except you are getting poor audio quality.

So, this means you need to look at your Config - Performance tab - what settings are you using there ?

Inviato Fri 05 Aug 11 @ 1:32 pm
I will make the video but just as the other 3 users said. In plain English; scratching does not work on the device with VDJ.

Inviato Sat 06 Aug 11 @ 2:08 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Same audio issues if you select Purescratch (Master Tempo off) from Config->Performances ?

Inviato Sat 06 Aug 11 @ 10:50 am
Yes I tried that and everything else I could imagine but no dice.. I will make a video on Monday and post it.

Inviato Sat 06 Aug 11 @ 7:53 pm
here is the video of the Pioneer ddj-s1 - scratching works in Itch but it does not work in VDJ. I tried many different settings and get the same results.
I also tried using the controller on a MAC but VDJ does not recognize the controller. Cstoll said to rename the controller but he did state how to go about doing that. I went into audio/midi setup but there is no option to rename.

I hope VDJ team can resolve this issue asap because this is a sweet controller.

http://youtu.be/HlUDHyLlx7A

Inviato Tue 09 Aug 11 @ 11:47 pm
The problem is the Jog Sensitivity is too low in the Config -> Options .... look at the slider where is the setting?

Also, when you are looking at the details of the MIDI device in the Audio/MIDI Setup for OSX - just click in the box where the name is displayed at the top. It is an edit field.

Inviato Wed 10 Aug 11 @ 9:14 am
I changed the jog sensitivity; it improved the sound a little but it is still not efficient. I will do some more testing on Sunday. I have contacted the other guys with the DDJ-S1 and they informed me that they are having the same problem with the jog scratching. I would suggest other DJs to refrain from purchasing the controller for the purposes of VDJ. Buy something that already works with VDJ.

I also got to edit the name of the ddj on the MAC. Unfortunately the scratching problem still persists even on the MAC. If I don't get mine to work by Sunday, then I will take it back to the store and just continue to use my NS7.

Thank you for your help cstoll. I just hoped we could have figured it out.

Inviato Thu 11 Aug 11 @ 8:05 am
We had well over 50 plus people come by the booth at the DJ Expo to specifically look at the DDJ-S1 that was on display running and connected.

I had ZERO - 0 - complaints or concerns about the mapping and it's functionality with VirtualDJ. The majority of them were not scratch DJs - but those that were loved the feel and responsiveness.

Also, every Pioneer rep that was on hand in the Pioneer booth came by and tested it as well - same results - no complaints.

So, I will go back to some earlier comments - what are the settings you are using - Performance and Options tabs in VirtualDJ, and the Pioneer Config panel for their drivers? Quit trying everything possible and just post your settings ... so we can go from there.

Inviato Fri 12 Aug 11 @ 11:57 am
alextkoPRO InfinityMember since 2008
i have the same problem :(

Inviato Sun 14 Aug 11 @ 8:32 pm
Again, so instead of just stating you have the problem ... answer the questions.

Inviato Sun 14 Aug 11 @ 8:35 pm
i take a pic of my configuration...

Inviato Mon 15 Aug 11 @ 7:07 pm
I returned the ddj-s1 back to the store. I cannot use a controller without scratching. I doubt very much Cstoll's account of the controller working with scratch. As I said before, 4 people are reporting the problem. Not one person on the forum has reported positive results with scratching. Lesson learned - always wait for positive results from a fellow DJ before buying a controller.

Inviato Tue 16 Aug 11 @ 9:17 pm
i hope soon we find a solution

Inviato Tue 16 Aug 11 @ 11:51 pm
DJLo50PRO InfinityMember since 2009
I just received the controller today. I will give it a test run and see if I have the problem also.

Inviato Thu 18 Aug 11 @ 4:21 pm
DJLo50PRO InfinityMember since 2009
DJLo50 wrote :
I just received the controller today. I will give it a test run and see if I have the problem also.

Well I did not have a problem with the controller. In the "Options" section under Settings I increased Jog Sensitivity (Scratch) to around 200%. I think its best round 200-250%. But I no sound drop-out when switching between vinyl and CD mode or when scratching in vinyl mode.

Inviato Fri 19 Aug 11 @ 8:16 am
45%