Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Video Effects for Mac - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Hi everyone I have been looking on some of the downloadable effects for VDJ and everything I find is for download with PC only. Does any one know of were I can get a mac version of the plugin were i am able to place my logo over lay. and such things as the pangolin text to screen.

Thanks

Inviato Thu 29 Sep 11 @ 1:16 pm
Good luck, seems like we are left put of this one, cause I am on the same boat and no one cares...

Inviato Fri 30 Sep 11 @ 5:22 pm
OK, SBDJ, I hear you. But if Virtual DJ wants to hold on to its customers, they can spend a little money to work on these plug ins for Macs instead of depending on the generosity of its users.
Here is my problem
1. I am a Video DJ. Most windows computers are absolutely disgraceful as the video freezes, or is choppy or just does not load.
2. The lowest end Mac book pro seems to handle video DJing in VDJ 7.0 flawlessly.
3. But I am between a rock and a hard place. If I cannot even wish someone Happy Birthday XXXXX on the screen or announce the house drink specials on the fly, the bar does not appreciate it. Not to speak of, I cannot even flash my DJ name once in a while on the screen with the Mac app.
4. So I am stuck with the miserably performing windows based computers just so that I can use the TEXT plug in.
5. I am thinking of ditching Virtual DJ to go with any other Video program that can allow me to put TEXT on the screen.

Any suggessions from any one? Serato or PC DJ. Please help. I love Virtual DJ but looks like they are not hearing me out (and many others) by putting out a TEXT plugin for MAC and maybe it is time to say Good bye.

Inviato Sat 26 Nov 11 @ 12:49 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
FWIW I have absolutely flawless video on my windows machine, so your slur at windows is unjustified IMHO.

Atomix are capable of porting their own effects - they can't however port user effects. I've got a functioning Mac text plugin which once I get a Mac again I will finish and release. Timescales are currently unknown.

Inviato Sat 26 Nov 11 @ 1:04 pm
I've come up with a "work around" that I've been using for logo display and for announcements, etc. What I do is create a Keynote slide of what I want to show, then export to a Quicktime movie file. VDJ recognizes that file and will play it. You can even play a slideshow of multiple slides.
Hope that helps.

Inviato Mon 19 Mar 12 @ 8:45 pm
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I've done this too... but it's not instant. You have to prepare your announcements at home or what I do sometimes is let my co-pilot to do that job for me (with a separate MacbookPro of course).

Inviato Tue 20 Mar 12 @ 12:27 am
The situation has changed a little since my last post on this thread. Plugins are being ported to Mac - ShowLogo is available for the Mac for example - and I'm now working for Atomix.

ScrollText for Mac has a couple of small bugs to squash then I will release a public beta version.

Inviato Tue 20 Mar 12 @ 7:27 am
Nice to hear Scott, Guys we should support Scott for putting efforts on helping us doing those plugins for MAC, That is awesome works we should gathered some cents to support him at least a macbook for him to work...

Inviato Tue 20 Mar 12 @ 9:01 am
SBDJ wrote :
and I'm now working for Atomix.

Congratulations!

Inviato Tue 20 Mar 12 @ 9:03 am
Hi SBDJ
(BASIC SCROLLING TEXT FOR MAC (BETA VERSION !!!!)

You can have the effect of white text?

best regards

Erik

Inviato Sun 01 Apr 12 @ 3:12 pm
Thats DJ Cels plugin, not mine :)

Inviato Sun 01 Apr 12 @ 4:12 pm
:-) I'm stupid

Inviato Mon 02 Apr 12 @ 3:25 am
Mine will be available soon, got one really annoying bug to fix!

Inviato Mon 02 Apr 12 @ 4:22 pm
the impossible challenges are your specialty!
;-)

Inviato Tue 03 Apr 12 @ 7:20 am
I am quietly watching for this one too...

Inviato Tue 03 Apr 12 @ 1:47 pm
ScrollText now has a Mac version available for download.

Inviato Wed 04 Apr 12 @ 7:02 pm
SBDJ (the most beautiful news in Atomix)
Great ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Inviato Thu 05 Apr 12 @ 4:08 am
OOOOH.... YESSSS!!!

Thanks, Scott!

Inviato Thu 05 Apr 12 @ 1:23 pm
I've got a version of my Slideshow plugin that is probably 75% done too.

Inviato Thu 05 Apr 12 @ 1:27 pm
38%