Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Virtual DJ - VISUALIZER

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Wishes a new unique features for Virtual DJ Version 8 - VIRTUAL DJ VISUALIZER!

I think this is another part of VDJ advancement in digital DJing software in order to be more advance from each competitors in the market right now by having this type of features. I was thinking if VDJ developing TEAMS could come up with a sort of VISUALIZER when playing music something that looks like "DISCOBRICK" it could be like a "PRACTAL DESIGNER" or something like the "ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS" kind of thing that user could make their own visual in JPEG or BMP and the import it to VDJ-VISUALIZER and animate tweak by rotating, breaks, step-repeat, flips, moves, shears, pinch & punch effects, tilt, skew etc. or any kind of transformation or motion that we could think off.

I would like to ask the VDJ DEVELOPER not to disappoint us and as a starting point i would like to suggest them to look at those in "MEDIA PLAYER" and how it works and have figure out what VDJ could do as a start. If it is very complicated and requires a lot and more resources i think VDJ could come up of something not high ends sort thing like simple visualization that we usually see in some most popular media player.

The best thing in this is, you can easily outputs this VISUALIZER to your mix to project in a "BIG SCREEN because VDJ has already an option to output your video so as this VISUALIZER should moves on beats and by music sensors and something like you can assign a scene i mean an image to a scene like for example the a tracks loaded on your deck, you can point out and mark to assign the image you have created and imported at least 3 or 4 scene in a tracks that plays back until the tracks ends. Thank you and hope you like this IDEA.

Inviato Wed 14 Dec 11 @ 11:38 pm

Inviato Thu 15 Dec 11 @ 12:48 am
Good to hear that Huey, but it mostly like not that good if plugins because of the limitation on the application, unless plugins is done like the "VenueMagic".

The advantage of being included it in the package is the claims! if you market the products by claiming it supports this and that it is very weak. Did you think that if VDJ did the video mixing by having it in plugins? do you think users crawl enough just to buy and have VDJ on their own? i think no. Thats makes the VDJ more powerful right now because of the video mixing features that others don't have, other features are more likely the same. Mappable Controller and Skins is just a secondary featrues.

Inviato Thu 15 Dec 11 @ 1:40 am
I disagree with you. Have you even tried the plugin out cause it seems like you haven't?? That's one of VDJ's best features! What other program takes advantage of vst's, what other program lets outside companies like Pangolin or Firetext come in and produce badass plugins?? Well Serato has one which is Mix Emergency and it blows away their own video plugin!! Just look at some of the sound effects, there's a few that'll dust the VDJ version..........You can't have everything built-in, it'll get to big and just never be stable and then you'll be mad cause the program crashes all the time.......

Having plugins is great as long as the plugin is built properly. But this is the wishes forum and everybody is entitled to post their wish......
Huey

Inviato Thu 15 Dec 11 @ 6:50 am
Yes Huey, thats why i set an example like VenueMagic as one of the plugins that was taken care of and built properly. I'm not against to plugins as it is an option to have out of the box resources. Nothing special on VST's as it is an ordinary and common plugins that you can find in the marker right now there are that is highly built and some are low end and this is where i'm worried about plugins and no companies will spend a lot of time in building plugins without demands in the markets therefore you have to search and dig those nice and good one. i'm just thinking of a new features the will serve as a claims for the next VDJ version 8 having it in the same way as it is, with just an improved of something i think it will not be good, and only few will be eager to see of something that it has been there for along time and then just a bit improved the conclusion will it just be look likes an UPGRADE. It is not far like launching cleaning products with a claims "improved formula" LOL.... anyway this is just an opinion. Having an exciting new features will be breathtaking for the users. Thanks.

Inviato Thu 15 Dec 11 @ 7:50 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I've got an improved visualiser for VDJ and the quality and variety is amazing.

It does however at present need a good spec PC to run it!

Inviato Thu 15 Dec 11 @ 11:30 am
Wow... Good to hear that SBDJ, great works (+100), hope VDJ would give you some credits on spending most of your times for doing that or we could ask users to gather some $ for you to support that. We would really appreciate if you and your VDJ TEAM could incorporate that in the next Virtual DJ version 8. We hope that next VDJ version 8 would come with some more exciting features in it. Thank you very much.

Inviato Fri 16 Dec 11 @ 10:32 am
how good would the system have to be Scott? made upgrades on sports bar comps and working on new one for work - boss is planning on re-wiring building for digital video in near future and all kinds of visual effects are gonna be a must.

Inviato Fri 16 Dec 11 @ 2:40 pm
dnx500PRO InfinityMember since 2009
i downloaded the sonique visualizer plugin, but now what?? i dont know how its supposed to incorporate with virtual dj or what im supposed to do with the file once i have unzipped it? can someone please help?

Inviato Tue 20 Nov 12 @ 7:28 pm
Please see our FAQ pages:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Sonique.html

Also, in future, please use the correct forum when posting. This is the wishes & new features forum which is for requests for new features and/or changes to future versions of the software.

Technical support questions should be asked in either the PC Version Technical Support or Mac Version Technical Support forums as appropriate for the type of computer that you are using.

Inviato Wed 21 Nov 12 @ 4:52 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Inviato Thu 22 Nov 12 @ 10:25 am
PeteZDjPRO InfinityMember since 2012
So I really want to make my own visualizer for virtual dj. Where do I begin?

Inviato Tue 22 Sep 15 @ 10:42 am
Just post a link of a template starter example which demonstrates ways to manipulate the visuals. Super gifted programmer here :)

Inviato Tue 22 Sep 15 @ 10:47 am
I just fond mildrop source code.. Thanks for your previous work on the forums dudes; such an epic site. Feel free to help drop extra info on making a visualizer. In particular: playing a visualizer window in a deck (like a music video).?

Inviato Tue 22 Sep 15 @ 10:56 am
If you aren't scared of node-programming and doing a lot of things by yourself
i really recommend checking out VSXu.
http://vsxu.com

It's an open-source live visualizer and node-editor for the visuals,
so almost no 'programming'!
Worked really good so far, but it's still in 0.5.1 at the moment and not suitable for really big events IMO.

Regards,
Daniel

Inviato Tue 22 Sep 15 @ 2:54 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)