Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Itunes Playlists not showing up - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

PennDJPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I am no longer seeing my Itunes playlists in Virtual DJ Pro7

I had tried to move my Itunes Library to an external HD which worked fine for Itunes, but Virtual DJ was unable to find the playlists. I then moved it back to my music folder, but still virtual DJ does not show any of my playlists.

Can anyone help.

Inviato Mon 30 Jan 12 @ 3:47 pm
Add your external to your search database by doing it in the VirtualDJ browser window in the left corner of your VDJ screen, go to Macintosh HD locate you external drive and go into the folder directories, find your itunes library folder (new location folder or your itunes files), then right click on that and a small pop-up window will show up then choose "Add to Search DB".

Inviato Mon 30 Jan 12 @ 4:38 pm
I had this! Check your itunes music library is called "itunes music library" and not "itunes library". Also check in config i think where VDJ is looking for your itunes.
Also check your itunes .xml file is current.
Some of the above may help!
Cheers

Inviato Tue 31 Jan 12 @ 6:29 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Inviato Tue 31 Jan 12 @ 9:35 am
I had a similar issue, but found an ok workaround.

VDJ needs the iTunes Library to be formatted with a particular naming convention.

Go into the source folder you want to use.

1. Copy and paste the iTunes Library.xml file into the same folder (it will call it iTunes Library Copy.xml)
2. Rename this file to "iTunes Music Library.xml"
3. Open VDJ and right click the iTunes logo and set the 'alternative base location' to the folder that contains the new playlist

This workaround requires that you repeat steps 1 and 2 each time you change the playlist in iTunes.
Not a great solution and I imagine a bit of simple coding in an update could solve it.

Inviato Sat 03 Nov 12 @ 4:21 pm
Should have specified that I'm a Mac user

Inviato Wed 07 Nov 12 @ 2:51 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
You can easily do this with the registry tool to point VDJ to any drive or folder that contains your iTunes library, just do the move in iTunes, once it works there it will work in VDJ

Inviato Wed 07 Nov 12 @ 5:30 pm
I still have a problem that VDJ does not load all maps of itunes

Inviato Sat 23 Feb 13 @ 12:44 pm
And I have this problem since I installed the new version of iTunes... Is this possible?

Inviato Sat 23 Feb 13 @ 12:51 pm
jeremtPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi my VDJ no problems with itunes, all working well.

Inviato Sat 23 Feb 13 @ 6:35 pm

Inviato Sun 24 Feb 13 @ 3:16 pm
ddjmixPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I have the same problem my iTunes folder is not showing and I checked into the browser and nothing happened when I enable or disable the (Show iTunes) Someone please help me I've tried everything and still I have the problem Thanks.

Inviato Mon 08 Apr 13 @ 11:23 am
I have done all the steps prescribed on this site more times then I care to;
I renamed the iTunes Library.xml to ITunes Music Library.xml then change the base folder in VDJ and while the playlist shows all files are "missing".

I have renamed the ITunes Library.itl to ITunes Music Library.itl. Started ITunes holding the option key and selected ITunes Music Library.itl and all is well in iTunes. It generated the ITunes Music Library.xml files. Then I restarted VDJ and changed the base folder. Still all files are missing.
I downloaded the registry tool for MAC and it points to the right folder.

My music is on an external hard drive and the iTunes library is located in my user/music/ITunes folder.

Please I feel like my mid is going. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Inviato Sun 19 May 13 @ 1:34 pm
Last step will be to;

1 Go into your VDJ folders panel find "My Music" folder.
2. Right click and choose "Add to Search db".
3 Go to Config. then click "Browser" tab.
4. Click on the drive your music is stored, using the drop down arrow.
5 Click on Check then clean and fix, but wait till process is complete on each step.

You may also have to do a reload from tags on some files.

What did you do that caused you this issue in the first place, was all working before this issue came up?

Inviato Sun 19 May 13 @ 2:21 pm
mauderControlleristMember since 2014
The songs In my iTunes play lists doesn't populate in the same order in virtual DJ 8 as the are in my iTunes library. How do I correct this? Thanks for any assistance.

Inviato Fri 26 Jun 15 @ 8:16 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
mauder wrote :
The songs In my iTunes play lists doesn't populate in the same order in virtual DJ 8 as the are in my iTunes library. How do I correct this? Thanks for any assistance.

Right click on the list and select Reset Sort Order

Inviato Fri 26 Jun 15 @ 9:56 pm
moonoiukControlleristMember since 2015

Inviato Wed 10 Feb 16 @ 12:21 am
I download Virtual DJ 7 home it shows up very clear .
I download it Virtual DJ 8 and I can't see any words the picture blurry what should I do? Help
Contact info edited. Home users are not allowed to post contact information. Also, please don't hijack another persons thread, as your issue has nothing to do with this topic, thank you.AMAHM

Inviato Thu 31 Aug 17 @ 6:24 am
What's that got to do with iTunes playlists? Also, please do not post in threads that are over a year old.

As you mention words and picture, are you playing karaoke files? Please give details, such as hardware used.

Inviato Thu 31 Aug 17 @ 5:17 pm
Hello,

I just downloaded VDJ 8 today and I see my iTunes folder in grey, but there are no songs in it. The only thread I've found here on the subject is a year old and didn't seem to help.

Can anyone point me in the right directions please?

regards

G

Inviato Sun 07 Jan 18 @ 7:55 am
95%