Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: extra scanner features please??

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
would it be possible for us to get scan features such as pause and continue from last point??

the reason i ask this is i recently decided to delete my database and rescan my entire music collection. after 4 weeks of waiting the scan got to the letter "M" ... then my daughter cancelled it without realising what was going on..

ive had his issue in the past and filter folders just wasnt doing what i wanted it to do as it never seemed to filter theentire collection for some reason.

it would be super nice to have a simple "pause/continue" type feature. this would not only cover us for accidental cancelation but also if we want to use our computer for other things and not have cpu/ram tied up in the scan. it woud also cover us for power outages, computer crashes, freezes etc... when we have such large collections i believe simple features for managing scans and database building are going to be much more usefull. especially for us who dont really understand filter folders :/

thanks...

Inviato Tue 20 Mar 12 @ 5:38 am

Inviato Tue 20 Mar 12 @ 6:42 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
You could also use the BPM column, hit the tab and it will organize from lowest to highest bpm and thereafter any files that have not been scanned, simply highlight all those files and start rescanning again.

Inviato Tue 20 Mar 12 @ 7:29 am
I have a couple of filter folders exactly for this reason. isscanned = 0 with a date combination means you can limit to the last 7 days, month, etc.

I also have a filter for files that no longer exist s I can purge my database. I maintain the chart (in order) weekly so these folders are alwways in a state of flux...

Cheers,

Roy

Inviato Tue 20 Mar 12 @ 10:41 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)