Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Karaoke Plugin 2.0? - Page: 6

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

iKARAOKE, no one else has done anything visible at all for karaoke for VDJ in over 2 or 3 or 4 years as far as I can tell. Some features that you call advanced were asked for and not something I just made up. At least with EK you have something visible to look at and comment about.

Slow progress yes but definitely better than the invisible.

Inviato Fri 05 Jul 13 @ 1:54 pm
I'd love to be a beta tester for this new Karaoke plug-in, I currently have VDJ pro ON Mac and Pc
Philip Tyme.

Inviato Sun 07 Jul 13 @ 2:24 am
deejaypk wrote :
I'd love to be a beta tester for this new Karaoke plug-in, I currently have VDJ pro ON Mac and Pc
Philip Tyme.

I cannot speak for Don Moir (Essential Karaoke) but I can certainly tell you that the software I am developing is 100% PC, mostly due to the fact that there is no good (read: native speed) way to code an interface, in addition to the fact that for video processing the PC version of VirtualDJ uses DirectX and the Mac version uses OpenGL.

Unfortunately this means that for my plugin at least, the first release you see will be exclusively PC based, with a possible Mac version to follow.

Inviato Sun 07 Jul 13 @ 4:00 am
iKARAOKE wrote :
But they keep working on super-advanced features that I am sure very few hosts will use or care about, like multi-screen output.

For my two cents, multi screen output is a feature that any professional karaoke host worth their salt would take advantage of in a heartbeat, and although I don't plan on including it natively with my plugin, I will be putting together a guide on how to use my plugin in concert with others already available to achieve the same effect.

Also, although I see your point about the benefit of starting with something that is functional and modifying from there, software development is often a very selfish act. By that I mean someone that develops a good, usable software plugin is probably doing it for their own gain first, and not because they want to rush a product out to market. This style of development is a good thing for the community because the people writing the software are the ones that need and use it. That is mostly the reason that a beta version of my software is not available yet. It already functions beyond the level of the existing karaoke plugin, but not enough so for me to consider it usable at my own personal shows. I still have more features--ones that I personally consider crucial--to add before I even start using it myself, although I'm sure plenty of people would call them advanced features.

Don't forget that regardless of how many hosts use "super-advanced features," the ones that do will be at the top of their field. Presumably, the whole reason you are using VirtualDJ instead of some two bit karaoke management software that uses Winamp and some other plugin developer's software to power it, is because you recognize that having the ability to leverage advanced features like key change, pitch/speed change, support for multiple decks, the ability to play video karaoke files instead of just MP3+G files, and so on, makes you a better KJ. So think about all the super-advanced features you hopefully already use in VirtualDJ before you chastise someone that is putting a lot of time and effort into trying to make things better for the rest of us. If you don't like it, offer constructive criticism, or don't use it, and let the public do the rest. I fully support my fellow software developers and I would hate to see progress on this go even slower than you say it already does, simply because someone makes an unencouraging post.

Inviato Sun 07 Jul 13 @ 4:21 am
A long ways back we had a lengthy discussion about multiple window support. We also talked about various monitor setups and other related things.

Much of the code I write is put into libraries and used in multiple products. If I just wrote code for VDJ, I would have the bill collectors at my door.

So if you see a feature in one of plugins, most likely it has existed for sometime and just surface things when it seems useful. I like to start with a solid foundation and build from that. If this foundation does not exist then I am not happy about writing code that I am just going to toss away.

In your eyes you probably think that a solid foundation is some basic functional program. Not to me. That usually comes last after I know I have the right underlying tools.

I am not interested in putting up 'me too' products.

Inviato Sun 07 Jul 13 @ 5:42 am
er0sionPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I've managed to deal with vDJs karaoke plugin crashing on me and losing my songs with a simple workaround: I now use irfanview that starts up automatically with a batch script and takes a screenshot of monitor 1 (main monitor) every 3 minutes. unfortunately it only takes a screenshot of the first 50 or so singers, so every so often i scroll down and let it grab the other 3 pages of singers. It's saved me quite a bit. I've also installed another video card so now I'm using 3 video outputs and everything is running pretty smoothly. (win 7 x64).

Still looking forward to the new plug in!

Inviato Tue 09 Jul 13 @ 5:54 pm
er0sion wrote :
I've managed to deal with vDJs karaoke plugin crashing on me and losing my songs with a simple workaround: I now use irfanview that starts up automatically with a batch script and takes a screenshot of monitor 1 (main monitor) every 3 minutes. unfortunately it only takes a screenshot of the first 50 or so singers, so every so often i scroll down and let it grab the other 3 pages of singers. It's saved me quite a bit. I've also installed another video card so now I'm using 3 video outputs and everything is running pretty smoothly. (win 7 x64).

Still looking forward to the new plug in!

Build in crash recovery that saves a copy of the whole rotation every time a change is made is the basis around which my plugin is developed. I'm not naive enough to think that either my plugin or VirtualDJ itself is flawless. Upon startup, the plugin reads the rotation file and restores it to full functionality.

That is a very creative workaround to the problem, however. I'm interested to hear about the existing plugin crashing, I've never had the plugin itself crash on me. VirtualDJ has crashed before and then I have the issue describing, but not the plugin.

Inviato Tue 09 Jul 13 @ 6:06 pm
elindsey wrote :

Build in crash recovery that saves a copy of the whole rotation every time a change is made is the basis around which my plugin is developed. I'm not naive enough to think that either my plugin or VirtualDJ itself is flawless. Upon startup, the plugin reads the rotation file and restores it to full functionality.

That is a very creative workaround to the problem, however. I'm interested to hear about the existing plugin crashing, I've never had the plugin itself crash on me. VirtualDJ has crashed before and then I have the issue describing, but not the plugin.

There have been a few times, though rare, that the plugin window will disappear completely and re-activating the plugin will bring up a blank list which should have contained singers. It hasn't happened lately, and I've noticed I've had more stability using the WDM drivers vs ASIO drivers with the card I use.

Inviato Wed 10 Jul 13 @ 10:58 am
Elindsey,

Can you add automatic saving of the list in xml format every time the singer rotation list is updated (singer has been added, removed, sang). This would be great for a project I'm working on and need access to the singer rotation. I'm sure it would be useful for others to integrate with.

Inviato Thu 11 Jul 13 @ 10:18 am
er0sion wrote :
Elindsey,

Can you add automatic saving of the list in xml format every time the singer rotation list is updated (singer has been added, removed, sang). This would be great for a project I'm working on and need access to the singer rotation. I'm sure it would be useful for others to integrate with.

This is the mechanism it uses already. Step ahead of you. ;-)

Inviato Thu 11 Jul 13 @ 4:47 pm
well guys i have been pluging away at VJDJ and trying to fill some of the gaps that is missing. i'm even working on a search computer that will help get rid of your books, but i need to fig out how to get VJDJ to work on linux ....... but i have a skin for my search. but as for now latshawsystems Karama is a great program for karaoke

Inviato Mon 15 Jul 13 @ 8:23 pm
Sorry, VirtualDJ doesn't support running on Linux. It works on Windows PC and MacOS only.

Inviato Tue 16 Jul 13 @ 4:36 am
Working at a 7 nights a week Karaoke bar in Tampa, I'd LOVE a chance to beta a REAL plugin update to VDJ! Add me to the list!

Inviato Tue 06 Aug 13 @ 12:19 am
twsixPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I recently loaded the Essential Media plugin to check out the Karaoke features, like the playlist setup.....I was not able to get this to work. I am not sure if I did something wrong or if it does not work until I buy the software package. Any info on the would be appreciated....thanks

Inviato Fri 09 Aug 13 @ 2:26 pm
twsix, I originally put EK up as a beta test so everyone could play a role in it. Soon after that I started working on completely new audio video code and that consumed a lot of time. When I decided to do a EM 2.5 I was not even going to include EK but I had a few request to update it so I included it.

I am going to do a EM 3.0 with a better EK plugin.

With that said I am updating EK somewhat for the EM 2.6 release.

You need to drag files from file folders to the playlist in EK. You cannot drag files from the VDJ browser because VDJ is doing something non standard there.

Inviato Fri 09 Aug 13 @ 2:38 pm
Hey DJWildbilly,
This is the Songbooklive through Karma? Is it a standalone program, or is it like a plugin to Karma? Very interested in this. I have been looking at it for a week or so, debating. I use VDJ extensively for DJ/KJ/VJ. Karaoke every Friday and sometimes Saturday. While an update full of more features for karaoke or a plugin would be great, I find that it serves its purpose, for me. The key changer I use on occasion and it could use some help, but other than its fine for me. Would be a plus to library your singers and songs, but I dont deal with a large number of people like some of you do here. Song books on the other hand, I am tired of dealing with and this intrigues me. I update and put new books together and people waste no time trashing and spilling drinks on them.

Inviato Sun 11 Aug 13 @ 5:53 pm
OK. Latshaw Systems just emailed me back and said it is stanalone, but you must use Song List Generator. Song List Generator costs $69.00. I would easily spend that in new books. Songbookslive is $11.00 a year, I can live with this. I might have to check this out. I would still need to print up a couple of books, because there are those that wont have the ability to use this feature, but I think it would be a life saver in the long run, if it works like it is described as.

Inviato Sun 11 Aug 13 @ 6:17 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)