Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Videos Freezing !!! Help !!!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have the Samsung NP700G7CS01U. 17.3 Display i7 processor / 16gb RAM / 2gb Dedicated Video / GTX675m DDR5 Graphics Card. When I was using a 5 year old XPS running Vista, I did not have these issues. I personally think it's a Windows 7 issue and that I am " a Virtual DJ Update" away from a solution. Just wanted to make sure that people know there is an issue. Note * When the videos freeze the music continues to play. I have downloaded all Windows updates. I have looked for video card updates but can't seem to find any yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!

Inviato Sun 10 Jun 12 @ 10:30 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Inviato Tue 12 Jun 12 @ 6:46 pm
djshaitown wrote :
I have the Samsung NP700G7CS01U. 17.3 Display i7 processor / 16gb RAM / 2gb Dedicated Video / GTX675m DDR5 Graphics Card. When I was using a 5 year old XPS running Vista, I did not have these issues. I personally think it's a Windows 7 issue and that I am " a Virtual DJ Update" away from a solution. Just wanted to make sure that people know there is an issue. Note * When the videos freeze the music continues to play. I have downloaded all Windows updates. I have looked for video card updates but can't seem to find any yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!

I have the same problem I have tried everything installing an older graphics card driver but that didn't work, Mine all works perfectly for about 10 mins then video just freezes permantly but audio carries on perfectly. Desperately searching for a resolution as well.
Tom

Inviato Tue 19 Jun 12 @ 5:29 am
What are you using for a sound card?

Inviato Tue 19 Jun 12 @ 8:20 am
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
first test step: hardware acceleration disable ...result?

System volume on something?( example : you have 1gb memory)

Inviato Tue 19 Jun 12 @ 4:28 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You fail to mention what the video card is.

Your audio issues will be caused by latency set lower than can be handled - I suspect you have DPC issues.

Inviato Tue 19 Jun 12 @ 8:43 pm
I'm getting the same thing. Even though the video locks up, karaoke lyrics still run fine.(I mix the actual music videos behind the karaoke lyrics) the video locks up even when I'm not mixing it with karaoke. I use a skin that has a video button on it, kicking the video off, then back on again lets the video run. Also, the key changer isn't working.. but I'll look elsewhere for that solution.

I am using a week old:
ASUS G75VW
i7 3610 2.3Ghz
16GB ram
3GB nvidia geforce GTX670M

Inviato Tue 26 Jun 12 @ 3:36 pm

Inviato Wed 27 Jun 12 @ 12:28 am
VDJCUTPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Try altering these settings in the registry editor,take note of the original settings first to go back to if they dont work.I was pulling out my hair for ages.It worked for me,every video froze after a few seconds and everybody seemed to blame windows 7 or a bug in VDJ 7 and i tried all the posted suggestions with no joy,but its normally down to dual video cards and video memory allocation not the programs or software.
Tap on the windows icon to bring up the search window and type in regedit,click on regedit, this brings up the registry editor.Find and open up the virtual dj file and scroll down the page and change the following to the values by their side and give it a go.

Double click on the following to open up then click on the Hexadecimal button and input these figures;

VideoMemoryFree = hexadecimal 1491
VideoMemoryMaxUse =hexadecimal 1

These are the figures i have now inputted and it got rid of the freezing problem,TAKE NOTE OF THE ORIGINALS FIRST in case it throws your program out, but it worked for me and i am now having no problems at all and all sorts of transitions and video effects can be thrown at it at once with NO video playback freeze!!!! Send me a message and let me know how u get on.

Inviato Mon 02 Jul 12 @ 12:36 pm
Found the solution on my new I7 Medion With Nvidia GT555M

go to the nvidia tool in cofiguration panel.
set at the puldown menu all items on especial the contex menus.

then when you go select virtualDJ use right mouse click and select : use graphics card select there nvidia.

now virtual dj use the nvidia card and hardware acceleration work, there you can now also select nvidia witch was not there before...
effects also work.

i had an Acer 18Inch laptop, with I7 processor as well work perfect on video, bud these gets so extreme hot and sometimes trip during the action core overtemperature.
I thougt buy another some smaller 15.6 inch with 2nd generation 6gb memory, 2gb vid memory, bud when started virtual dj it looks crappy with video, in other programms like media player it dit work fine bud not in the hardware acceleration on VDJ now i thought buy some better a lot of stress getting the vids work fine...

bud i look on internet and see i was not the only one, so there had to be a solution, i have found it by acer where they tell this, oldo this laptop is a medion i7 2nd generation...

had to put this here to help others...

Inviato Thu 09 Aug 12 @ 3:57 pm
I found 2 solutions were needed for me because (1) I have an ATI "cheap" video card and (2) I have a beyond dual core (8 core) processor.

The first part of the solution was the VideoMemoryMaxUse setting in the registry. Easiest non-utility based way to fix this is to use REGEDIT and simply search for VideoMemoryMaxUse.
Once found, pick a value below your actual video ram amount. I chose 256 (100 HEX).
This got rid of the "contiguous" memory popup error that was plaguing me.

This done, I would still get bogging, freezing, and stuttering when mixing videos.
It would get so bad as to render the system almost unresponsive as it tried to hiccup it's way through whatever was playing, and would be very hard to shut down.
To fix this I went into the video config (in Virtual DJ), and (counter-intuitively) turned OFF the "decode in multi-thread".
This solved these remaining issues

So far now, the program seems to be running like a champ.

ATI Radeon HD6450
AMD FX-8120
8GB Ram
Win7 64 Ultimate

I hope that second tweak helps a lot of people.
I researched it quite a bit, and the registry tweaks seem to be all anyone mentions, and never turning off the multi-thread decoding.
If it works for you, feel free to send me some kudos!

Inviato Fri 10 Aug 12 @ 11:48 pm
THANK YOU DJCHRISCUT !!!!!!!!!!!!

PROBLEM SOLVED !!! THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!! OFFICIAL ANSWER BELOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Try altering these settings in the registry editor,take note of the original settings first to go back to if they dont work.I was pulling out my hair for ages.It worked for me,every video froze after a few seconds and everybody seemed to blame windows 7 or a bug in VDJ 7 and i tried all the posted suggestions with no joy,but its normally down to dual video cards and video memory allocation not the programs or software.
Tap on the windows icon to bring up the search window and type in regedit,click on regedit, this brings up the registry editor.Find and open up the virtual dj file and scroll down the page and change the following to the values by their side and give it a go.

Double click on the following to open up then click on the Hexadecimal button and input these figures;

VideoMemoryFree = hexadecimal 1491
VideoMemoryMaxUse =hexadecimal 1

These are the figures i have now inputted and it got rid of the freezing problem,TAKE NOTE OF THE ORIGINALS FIRST in case it throws your program out, but it worked for me and i am now having no problems at all and all sorts of transitions and video effects can be thrown at it at once with NO video playback freeze!!!! Send me a message and let me know how u get on."

Inviato Thu 27 Sep 12 @ 5:15 am
donsotrPRO InfinityMember since 2008
As a dj company, we found this problem when we started buying new PC's last year. IT took a bit, but we found that you MUST right click on the Virtual DJ icon, and RUN WITH DEDICATED GRAPHICS. All of our new computers have had to have dedicated graphics, not just integrated. Please let me know if this IS NOT the case and doing the other above REAL answer about changing the hexidecimal and such works for any new i5 or i7 with integrated graphics only!

Inviato Sun 03 Feb 13 @ 12:13 pm
[quote=DJRebirth]My videos will intermittently freeze as well. I'm running a Lenovo Intel i7, 8gb RAM and 1gb video. VDJ's audio is mostly good (the only issue is the intermittent hiccups in audio, which are caused by....virtually anything!!).

I would love to know if there has been any progress on this issue!

Inviato Tue 22 Oct 19 @ 2:29 am
[quote=DJRebirth]My videos will intermittently freeze as well. I'm running a Lenovo Intel i7, 8gb RAM and 1gb video. VDJ's audio is mostly good (the only issue is the intermittent hiccups in audio, which are caused by....virtually anything!!).

I would love to know if there has been any progress on this issue!

Inviato Tue 22 Oct 19 @ 2:30 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)