Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Issues achieving smooth Video Playback! Any help available?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

So after me and my fellow DJ partner decided to purchase the latest version of Virtual DJ 7 for the club we run and operate, we set everything up and turned the system on. Everything seemed to work like a charm until we got to the video part of it all. We loaded a video up to test the video screen at the club but ran into a issue. While the audio output is fine without any problems, the video plays back choppy and not smooth. Are there any suggestions in the "SETTINGS" to make VDJ's video playback smooth? Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks in advance!

PS: Video's will playback just fine if I load them in VLC Media Player or Windows Media Player so it cant be the video card or memory.

Inviato Mon 11 Jun 12 @ 10:10 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008

Inviato Tue 12 Jun 12 @ 8:50 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
One small point I would like to make is that playback in VLC/WMP etc is not the same as playback in VirtualDJ.

Virtual DJ has to take multiple video streams - potentially from different decoders - render them to individual 3D surfaces, then mix those 3D surfaces whilst applying transitions and effects. It has to do all that whilst running the audio at very low latency and processing that for things like effects, master tempo and so on.

Normal video playback applications don't have to worry about most of that - they can use larger buffers as latency isn't critical and they don't really have to make use of a 3D environment either.

Inviato Tue 12 Jun 12 @ 9:33 am
yosg2kLE userMember since 2013

Inviato Wed 18 Sep 13 @ 12:11 pm
Did you ever resolve your issue. I'm having the same issue. Purchased the Halloween Pack for a party I'm doing and thought I'd give the VDJ video section a try. I'm running on a Toshiba Satellite laptop with an I5 core and graphic accellorator. When I run the videos in VDJ audio is OKAY, but video is stuttering. Tried the link to the other thread posted by earlier poster- but that thread is gone. Help!

Inviato Fri 25 Oct 13 @ 6:12 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
What video card does your machine have?

Inviato Sun 27 Oct 13 @ 6:56 am
I've had the same issue before with every Toshiba or HP laptop, even now with newest Toshiba ultrabook. Just follow the
yosg2k's video tutorial above and you'll be fine.

Inviato Tue 29 Oct 13 @ 3:39 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)