Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Master BPM MIDI Clock Output from VirtualDJ - Page: 2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I can confirm that MIDI clock does indeed send something.

I've just downloaded the registry tool and selected my cheap external USB-MIDI gadget from the drop down box which lists MIDI devices next to the SendMidiClockTo: option.

I then plugged the MIDI out cable into a MPC-1000 and set that to recieve sync from MIDI socket 1.

When I start VDJ and play a track in a deck, the MPC-1000 also starts running.

The timing's not great because it relies on an accurate CBG, but it works.

I think to send MIDI to software though, you'd have to employ a third party tool, because for instance if I open Ableton Live, it does not appear as an option in the Registry Tool list of MIDI devices.

Later: Yes it works via LoopBe as well.

I've just run Ableton Live on external MIDI sync to VDJ.

Inviato Mon 24 Sep 12 @ 1:23 pm
SBDJ wrote :
I've just tested MIDI Clock on the PC version. I enabled the output on the registry tool and my sniffer showed Timing Clock on the selected output.

The Mac version of the Registry Tool is missing this setting, however it exists in the Property List. I attempted to enable it but was unsuccessful, however this could be because I could have incorrect MIDI naming, or it could be because it doesn't work on the Mac version. I'm not a Mac expert I'm afraid!

Thank you for confirming that the Macintosh version of the Registry Tool is indeed missing the "SendMIDIClockTo" option. I'm happy to know that it does indeed work under Windows, but I need support for Macintosh. Thank you for the input to this situation, SBDJ! :)

To whom do I need to talk about the proper syntax for using "SendMIDIClockTo" on Macintosh? I don't mind manually editing the registry preferences to get this working, but I need to know how.

Inviato Mon 24 Sep 12 @ 4:41 pm
Advokut wrote :
sorry to hear about VST´s not working on MAC. Is it a solution for you to run bootcamp or in case its a IBM mac, boot directly into windows? This way you should be able to use VST´s in mac, or is it still not possible?

It's an Intel-based Core 2 Duo chipset, so I could do this with Bootcamp or with Parallels, but it feels like a cardinal sin to me to use Windows on my Macbook Pro. I use Linux, Windows, and Macintosh computers, but I don't think the lack of support on Macintosh should be "resolved" by having to run Windows on Macintosh hardware. Rather, Atomix needs to have equal support for VST on both Windows and Macintosh, as this is the only fair solution to the VirtualDJ user base. VST is a cross-platform format, and it should be supported as such.

Hopefully Atomix won't continue to leave it's Macintosh user base hanging on for equal support when we are all paying equal amounts for what should be equally functioning software.

Thanks again for all your input, Advokut! :)

...the quest for Macintosh support of the "SendMIDIClockTo" function continues...

Inviato Mon 24 Sep 12 @ 4:49 pm
groovindj wrote :
I can confirm that MIDI clock does indeed send something.

I've just downloaded the registry tool and selected my cheap external USB-MIDI gadget from the drop down box which lists MIDI devices next to the SendMidiClockTo: option.

I then plugged the MIDI out cable into a MPC-1000 and set that to recieve sync from MIDI socket 1.

When I start VDJ and play a track in a deck, the MPC-1000 also starts running.

The timing's not great because it relies on an accurate CBG, but it works.

I think to send MIDI to software though, you'd have to employ a third party tool, because for instance if I open Ableton Live, it does not appear as an option in the Registry Tool list of MIDI devices.

Later: Yes it works via LoopBe as well.

I've just run Ableton Live on external MIDI sync to VDJ.

Thank you for testing and confirming that it does indeed work for Windows users. I guess Macintosh users have to keep begging and pleading for equal support in VirtualDJ. :(

Hopefully this will all be resolved soon!

We have confirmed it works for Windows users. Atomix, please let us know the proper instructions for enabling "SendMIDIClockTo" under the Macintosh environment.

Inviato Mon 24 Sep 12 @ 4:52 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I have forwarded this request to the development team to see if we can get this resolved in a future update. As with all requests there is no guarantee or timescale given and I personally can offer nothing further than this.

In the meantime please refrain from bumping every topic you can find on the subject ;)

Inviato Mon 24 Sep 12 @ 7:52 pm
SBDJ wrote :
I have forwarded this request to the development team to see if we can get this resolved in a future update. As with all requests there is no guarantee or timescale given and I personally can offer nothing further than this.

Thank you so much, SBDJ! I really appreciate it. You could tell the development team that using the build in inter-application MIDI bus on Macintosh is probably the easiest solution. It's called IAC MIDI. Basically it's a built in set of virtual MIDI channels (ins and outs) that one can use to setup MIDI links, including MIDI Clock, between different applications. So VirtualDJ could send out a signal over Channel 1 on the IAC, and then you can use the IAC in ANY other MIDI supported application to pipe in MIDI data from VirtualDJ.

SBDJ wrote :
In the meantime please refrain from bumping every topic you can find on the subject ;)

No problem, my friend! I promise I am not trying to be a bother or pester anyone, but rather was just trying to touch base with the other users who desire the same solution as I do and let them know that they are not alone.

I will, however, let this sit for a while and give the development team plenty of time to work on it. Big thanks to everyone on staff at Atomix! Keep up the great work! :)

SBDJ has forwarded this issue to the development team, and hopefully we will see it fixed in a new version of VirtualDJ sometime soon!

Inviato Tue 25 Sep 12 @ 5:34 pm
Secret Beats wrote :
give the development team plenty of time to work on it.

Yes....

When I see the guys at the BPM show next week, I'll ask them if it's fixed!

:-)

Inviato Wed 26 Sep 12 @ 4:09 am
Just wondering if this has been fixed yet?? I'd like to send VDJ'S clock into Resolume. If this is fixed can we get a tutorial on how yonder it up??

Inviato Mon 08 Apr 13 @ 12:00 am
Still not working on the Mac side. ....... Maybe the next version........

Inviato Mon 08 Apr 13 @ 12:12 pm
zambariPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi All,
Just dropping in to say that I am in the similar situation as OP - I need master BPM MIDI output badly, and no, ReWire does not do it for me - for the same reason plus I need to be able to sync my Korg Electribe to VDJ, on a MAC.

Inviato Sun 14 Apr 13 @ 3:10 pm
Any update on this ticket? Have the same problem...

Inviato Sat 01 Nov 14 @ 5:23 am
Any update on this topic? I am running Vdj 8 & ableton as well & would just love them to get along. Peace

Inviato Wed 11 Feb 15 @ 12:53 pm
MIDI clock output was added to VDJ 8 back at build 2059 in November last year.

(right-click on your MIDI i/o interface - real or virtual - listed in config window to activate)

Inviato Wed 11 Feb 15 @ 1:02 pm
Oh really? on Mac? I don't quite understand sorry, how do I do this?

Inviato Wed 11 Feb 15 @ 1:10 pm
I'm assuming it works on Mac too. I use PCs so I can't confirm.

Open the VDJ 8 config and select 'controllers'. In the list of connected hardware, you should see your MIDI interface(s) listed along with your controller(s).

Simply right click on the interface you wish the MIDI clock signal to use, and select "Midi Clock Output".

As mentioned, if you're linking one software prog to another then your "interface" will be a virtual (soft) one.

Inviato Wed 11 Feb 15 @ 1:32 pm
Yesssss! Thank you!!!
Anyone wanting to do it on mac, as above its listed in as your IAC driver.

Inviato Wed 11 Feb 15 @ 1:51 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)