Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HERCULES RMX 2 REVIEWS from 1st EDITION OWNERS!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Can anyone who owned the RMX please provide reviews on the new RMX2? I'm looking for an easily mobile replacement and I have always found the RMx to be a great reliable portable controller. Of course, there were some indentifiable improvements needed on the 1st edition, but I would love to hear your reviews on the 2nd edition.

Inviato Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 4:46 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Thu 04 Oct 12 @ 5:36 am
Hi, I took delivery of the RMX 2 a couple of days back and hopefully will get a video up comparing it to the RMX 1 over the weekend as I now have both.

In short though some features have been added, some removed and some improved upon in this new incarnation of the RMX.

*Removed*

- 1/4" Jack Outputs on the rear
- Pitch Reset Buttons
- Beat Lock Buttons
- Left/Right Balance Rotary Knob
- Mic input on the Front Panel
- Central Master Volume Fader (Replaced with a Rotary Knob)
- Stop track / Return to beginning of track Button
- Tension Control for the Jog Wheels

*Added*

- Balanced XLR Outputs on the rear for Channels 1 & 2
- RCA Booth Outputs on the rear for Channels 1 & 2
- VU Meters for each Deck
- Pitch Bend Buttons for each deck.
- 8 touch pads (4 on each deck)
- Mode Button for the touch pads (one for each deck & these work independantly of each other)
- Mode Selection indicator *Loop* Effect* Sample* Cue* ( one for each deck)
- Shift Button ( This allows you to use the touch pads to either delete a cue point whilst in cue mode or modulate an effects parameter in effects mode)
- On/Off Switch

*Improved*

- Mic Input On Top Panel is now a Balanced XLR/ 1/4" Combi Input
- Jog Wheels are Far more substantial with a better "feel" than on the original RMX and are now touch sensitive.
- Sound Quality is absolutely Mind Blowing !!!! ( I could not believe my ears when I fired this baby up for the first time !!)
- The Buttons/Faders and Rotary Knobs work flawlessly (unlike on my original RMX where the pitch slider seems to have a mind of its own)
- The unit is not dependant on USB power it has a power input so it can be used as a standalone mixer ( So if your laptop crashes you can at least talk on the mic or feed a backup source of music into one of the external line inputs whilst you reboot )
- Improved illumination of control buttons. (It lights up like the cockpit of a Boeing 747 lol )

I am seriously impressed with the RMX 2 when I first played around with it I found myself just sitting there for several hours having the feeling that I had taken myself to a whole new level of mixing........this thing is so easy to use with everything laid out in a logical manner, the touchpads are an absolute godsent especially for any one doing internet radio and using jingles etc.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Producermat

Inviato Sat 13 Oct 12 @ 7:52 am
A few Pics for comparision :)

RMX VS RMX 2

RMX

RMX 2

RMX REAR

RMX 2 REAR

RMX vs RMX 2 FRONT

Cheers

Producermat

Inviato Sat 13 Oct 12 @ 10:04 am

Inviato Thu 25 Oct 12 @ 8:19 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
frank699 wrote :

- The unit is not dependant on USB power it has a power input so it can be used as a standalone mixer ( So if your laptop crashes you can at least talk on the mic or feed a backup source of music into one of the external line inputs whilst you reboot )

Please note that the Rmx2 does NOT work as a standalone mixer. It is a USB audio interface and requires both power supply and USB power to function.

You can find a full review here:

http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2012/10/review-video-hercules-dj-console-rmx2-controller/

Inviato Thu 25 Oct 12 @ 10:53 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)