Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DJ-Tech MIX-101 - Page: 2

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

I know there is no responsibility whatsoever for VDJ to even attempt to resolve this on my behalf - I accepted up front that I made an error by purchasing the controller without checking first, but in the light of the work you have already done on this...

Could you please at least let me know if

1. You can't resolve the issue
2. You don't want to resolve the issue
3. You could resolve it but you haven't got the time to apply to a minority piece of kit
4. You are actively working in the background to help me out.

I really don't mind which your answer is, just please let me know which one as I need to decide what to do with it.

As a summary:

The controller works perfectly with DecaDance on both Vista laptops
It responds and reports on MidiTrack
It freezes VDJ when ever I plug in the device - before or after running VDJ - on both machines

Your response would be appreciated thanks.

Roy

Inviato Mon 22 Oct 12 @ 9:20 am
Since you got the replacement unit, have you tried it again with VDJ on an XP install?

What version of VDJ are you using for all these tests?

Inviato Mon 22 Oct 12 @ 2:05 pm
I'm running VDJ 7.2

It does exactly the same on the XP desktop too.

That is:

runs fine with Decadance but freezes VDJ as previously described for the Vista laptops.

Vista is uptodate with all current updates in place.

Inviato Mon 22 Oct 12 @ 3:43 pm
It might be worth trying it with an older version of VDJ - one that was current in the Vista days, or even XP days.

I know that when I use my decks as controllers, in earlier versions they work. In later versions they don't (properly).

Inviato Tue 23 Oct 12 @ 4:55 am
How can I get hold of an older copy? V6 maybe worth a try?

Inviato Tue 23 Oct 12 @ 5:38 am
If you haven't got backup copies on a hard drive somewhere (I've got all mine back to v5) then you'll have to contact Atomix and ask.

Inviato Tue 23 Oct 12 @ 6:30 am
Just checked and I only have V7.1

Anybody from VDJ give me a link to an older one please?

Inviato Tue 23 Oct 12 @ 9:44 am

Inviato Tue 23 Oct 12 @ 1:42 pm
downloaded and tested with V.6.1.2

Zilch...
Freezes on load screen as before with it plugged in
Runs ok if plugged in whilst VDJ is running but not working with the map provided last week nor responding to any movements on the controller to facilitate mapping with the simple mapper.

Tested with MidiTrace - Positive
Tested with DeckaDance - Positive

Are we dead in the water with this now?

Inviato Tue 23 Oct 12 @ 2:47 pm
It could be a firmware issue with the controller. At start-up, VirtualDJ will query each MIDI device that is connected to see if it is a supported device, so this may be where the freeze is occurring due to bad firmware/drivers.

Your best option is to return it back to the store for refund and then purchase a native supported controller. There are plenty to choose from to suit a wide range of budgets and preferences: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ%20Controllers.html

Inviato Tue 23 Oct 12 @ 3:16 pm
Have you tried contacting DJ Tech here and telling them what's happening?

Inviato Tue 23 Oct 12 @ 5:01 pm
Yes. Tried that about a week ago but they didn't even bother to reply. Good eh!

Inviato Tue 23 Oct 12 @ 5:37 pm
I am having exactly the same problem, it is nothing to do with the operating system, I got both xp and windows 7 and it does the same thing, freezes the splash screen, if you turn it off it will let vdj load but if u turn it on again, the computer will freeze again until u turn it off...... It's so damn annoying, I've tried writing mappers for it in both hid and midi, I have never writen computer code before so it's a bit hard :( any help would be nice. I might just have to take it back, and get a second hand nano pad....hummmm

Inviato Sun 28 Oct 12 @ 3:13 pm
Pleased I didn't fork out for Win 7 upgrade then!

I think I'll just have to give up and take it back. A shame as I played around with it running DecaDance and I like the ease of control it gives me.

Just in case anybody reads this without looking back at previous posts... I need nothing more than the simplest of controls - start, stop, cross & volume faders, pfl - so a £20 controller looked a perfect solution for me. If I wanted all the other stuff more expensive bits of kit will do I would have considered one long ago.

I've mapped the keyboard for a few functions but, as I use video extensively, I still managed to end up with one deck volume fader half way down and kept wondering why my tack volume levels were haywire. I didn't notice because I was on 'Video' rather than 'Mixer' and the link button must have got unclicked.

My final plea for some help. If not it goes back on Wednesday.

Inviato Mon 29 Oct 12 @ 5:35 am
Twenty quid! Is that all it was?

Wow - no wonder it's junk!

My suggestion would be the Numark DJ2GO for £50.

Yes it's still a cheap bit of plastic but at least it works - I've got one.

Inviato Mon 29 Oct 12 @ 6:27 am
But it's not junk - it works flawlessly with DecaDance?

Inviato Mon 29 Oct 12 @ 6:43 am
So keep it and use DeckaDance! :-P

I thought you wanted to use it with VDJ. It refuses to work with VDJ, therefore (for your purpose) it's junk!

Seems to me there's something up with the USB communication side, something that VDJ is expecting but isn't getting.

Face facts though. If it only cost £20 & came with DeckaDance, they probably didn't put much effort into making it work with anything else.

Inviato Mon 29 Oct 12 @ 9:27 am
I've documented why I don't want to/can't use DD.

I just thought that it can't be that difficult to sort out if it def works ok. Never mind I'll send it back.

I'll put a proper 'big boys' controller on my list. It's there after:

Upgraded speakers
Upgraded mixer
More LED Uplighters
A bigger van
A second digital projector
A mobile dance floor to hire out
etc. etc......

It might be some time :-)

Inviato Mon 29 Oct 12 @ 10:20 am
Or maybe serato or traktor as it is optimised for them :( wanted vdj, so much better than the others.

Inviato Tue 30 Oct 12 @ 10:11 am
Rather an expensive option to get a £20 controller working?

Think it would be cheaper to buy a different (unneccessarily complex for my use) controller!

Can I please repeat my question to VDJ support as I'm planning to take it back tomorrow.

I know there is no responsibility whatsoever for VDJ to even attempt to resolve this on my behalf - I accepted up front that I made an error by purchasing the controller without checking first, but in the light of the work you have already done on this...

Could you please at least let me know if

1. You can't resolve the issue
2. You don't want to resolve the issue
3. You could resolve it but you haven't got the time to apply to a minority piece of kit
4. You are actively working in the background to help me out.

I really don't mind which your answer is, just please let me know which one as I need to decide what to do with it.

Inviato Thu 01 Nov 12 @ 5:55 am
91%