Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VMS4.1 Mic Recording

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

HaraldBHome userMember since 2012
I have had some trouble getting the vocal recording to work properly.
Everything works excellently otherwise but even though the controller clearly understands it is picking up audio on the micrphones (volume indicators lighting up) my recordings are all silent! Not a single sound is recorded. I have tried different settings for recording but I get diferent errors every time. What are the correct settings for recording a mic directly input to the VMS4.1?

Any help i appreciated, thank you!

Inviato Mon 29 Oct 12 @ 9:27 am

Inviato Mon 29 Oct 12 @ 9:39 am
getafixPRO InfinityMember since 2010
im just guessing here but may be that you are trying to record a signal from the vms4.1 that feeds back up the usb cable into the pc???
if so i think you may have it setup that the software (vdj) is doing the mixing and not the vms4.1

the vms4 and 4.1 are both analog mixers not digital so they recive the music from vdj and convert them into analogue for
the mixer to mix them. from there the sound goes out the master at the back of the vms4 to your powered speakers or amp
not out the usb to the pc. if you have it setup to mix from the software then that would be the reason you dont get
the mic channel.
or get both the master sound and the sound from your headphones?

try the mapper from djdad for useing the vms4.1 as an analouge mixer or look for the digital version of the vms4 mapper
if you prefer the software to handle the mixing.

if you use the djdad mapper you can route the master out from the vms4 back into the pc line in and use audiacity to record
your mix ;)

Inviato Sat 10 Nov 12 @ 8:00 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)