Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] VirtualDJ 7.3 - Page: 14

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Inviato Tue 20 Nov 12 @ 12:35 pm
Lol! Yeah, just like that!!! :-D It's strange because I'd deliberately turned everything up using the default 4 deck skin and didn't notice that come up, I'll check again now I know what I'm looking for...

Oh, just re-read that thread you've linked to, great bit of code I'll definitely be using thank you :-D

I read the forum a lot but hadn't happened to look at the skins one since the release of 7.3. Guessing that most users probably never look on the forums I think it's a good idea if it can be included in 7.4 or v8 as standard.

Thank you though!

Inviato Tue 20 Nov 12 @ 2:22 pm
I was able to get the loop to go back to the beginning of the loop and stop (waiting for me to hit play), by hitting the C on the keyboard as opposed to clicking the cue button on the screen.

Inviato Tue 20 Nov 12 @ 3:25 pm
On my keyboard "C" is mapped as cue_

When you talk about the "cue button" is that on a controller or just a skin?

Keith

Inviato Tue 20 Nov 12 @ 3:27 pm
Thank you guys!

Inviato Wed 21 Nov 12 @ 1:52 am
When will Virtual DJ fix the Sampler volume so the Sampler volume can be controlled seprately thru the main sound. even though the sample has its own volumes it does not play loud when the fader is to the far left or right, which is a big difference in someone using sera to.. I love virtual but i would like to see the sampler fix... please this is a huge deal. thank you

Inviato Wed 21 Nov 12 @ 11:41 pm
Y2KSounds wrote :
When will Virtual DJ fix the Sampler volume so the Sampler volume can be controlled seprately thru the main sound. even though the sample has its own volumes it does not play loud when the fader is to the far left or right, which is a big difference in someone using sera to.. I love virtual but i would like to see the sampler fix... please this is a huge deal. thank you

Since I use the Pioneer DDJ Ergo with Virtual DJ, I have a seperate volume button for the Sampler volume.
So I don't think it's a VDJ issue...

Inviato Thu 22 Nov 12 @ 3:13 am
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I don't see any issue with the sampler. At least for me I'm happy with it. I even lowered down all the volumes 12 of it due loud output. It's deck independent and it goes directly to the master output not unless you map a certain sample to a certain deck or if by purpose you lowered the VDJ master out certainly it will affect the sample output as well . Otherwise use a 3 line mixer output set-up so you'll have the freedom to control the sampler intensity from an external mixer channel at least.

Inviato Thu 22 Nov 12 @ 3:28 am
I downloaded it and last night at my gig (I know, I should have checked before) when playing Karaoke files and my video file I got the dreaded freeze for 2 to 5 seconds..... when loading or searching,,,, It didn't do that before,,,, is there a setting I need to check?

Thanks Chuck

Inviato Thu 22 Nov 12 @ 11:46 am
Im gonna fool around some more with these new funktions..looks exiting! ;)

Keep it coming VDJ Team..:)

//DJHoeimark

Inviato Thu 22 Nov 12 @ 6:15 pm
Oh Halleluja for the new multi word search! =) And the sound's better, too!

Inviato Fri 23 Nov 12 @ 11:27 am
limited edition is not able for downloading?

Inviato Sat 24 Nov 12 @ 12:15 am
This update is for the Pro version only. LE versions are generally not updated unless there is a specific agreement with the console manufacturer.

Keith

Inviato Sat 24 Nov 12 @ 2:21 am
Just did my first gig with 7.3 last night - fantastic! No problems at all with my vci400, which was nice. The parametric EQ sounds fantastic, so smooth. The classic trick of killing the bass and then the treble of the outgoing track in the mix sounded great for the first time ever with Virtual DJ. :-D

One strange thing though, I think the internal routing of the EQ is wrong somewhere because the channel UV meters don't respond to changes in it. The master output UV is fine, but on individual channels you can kill or max out all three bands and thee uv meters read exactly the same! The filter and effects all change the channel UVs, just not the EQ- a bit annoying when you're using the EQ to try and boost or cut the bass to match 2 songs together and you can't see what the new overall volume is.

Inviato Sun 25 Nov 12 @ 3:39 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There are 2 kinds of visual meters. The level_meter and the VU_meter.
The level_meter shows the affect of the volume sliders and the EQ. The VU_meter shows the affect of the Gain.
Depending on the way you have chosen to mix (using an external or internal mixer), one of them (or sometimes both) could be useful.

Bottom line, skins should take care of that, and offering different visuals for the levels depending on the Sound setup (or user's selection).
For controllers, there could be a similar choice, i guess.

Inviato Sun 25 Nov 12 @ 7:38 am
Just realised the reason why I've never noticed it before: until recently I used a VST for the EQ so any changes made using that were shown on the on-screen channel uv meters. I'd much prefer to use the the new parametric EQ though.

To me it seems logical that the EQ should affect the channel UV meters on screen, after all it's called "PFL" (pre-fade listen) so all changes you make to the sound before the final fader should be heard in the headphones (which they are, thank you VDJ!) but the channel uv meters should also show this too.

At the moment you could be in a situation where, if you don't have very good headphones, you would make some rough adjustments to a track using the EQ, and the channel UV meters would tell you that the two tracks are the same volume, but when you slam in the mix one could be much louder than the other.

Anyway, I won't bang on about it, but to me it seems like it isn't done in the best way at the moment, and all of the industry standard hardware mixers work like I've described so it'd be nice if VDJ could work in the same way too.

P.s. The multi-word search really came into its own at last night's gig, so much quicker to find songs now! Thank you! :-D

Inviato Sun 25 Nov 12 @ 10:37 am
royvanmeel wrote :
Y2KSounds wrote :

Since I use the Pioneer DDJ Ergo with Virtual DJ, I have a seperate volume button for the Sampler volume.
So I don't think it's a VDJ issue...

how did you map the Sampler to a different channel, I have all my samples turned up... but its not loud enough when the music is playing live unless i have the fader in the middle. I am using the Denon MC 6000

Inviato Mon 26 Nov 12 @ 2:23 am
djranes wrote :
I don't see any issue with the sampler. At least for me I'm happy with it. I even lowered down all the volumes 12 of it due loud output. It's deck independent and it goes directly to the master output not unless you map a certain sample to a certain deck or if by purpose you lowered the VDJ master out certainly it will affect the sample output as well . Otherwise use a 3 line mixer output set-up so you'll have the freedom to control the sampler intensity from an external mixer channel at least.

If its why does the volume of the sample lower when the fader is to the far right or left

Inviato Mon 26 Nov 12 @ 2:33 am
I didn't change anything. The DDj Ergo has per deck seperate buttons and volume control for samples only.
But if i remember correctly, they all go directly to the master output no matter which deck i use and how the fader is placed.

Inviato Mon 26 Nov 12 @ 2:38 am
After using 7.3 update both live and at home, my regards to team for the new sound engine. Good job and I can't wait for the improvement in the 8-version. All my equipment is (soundcards, mixers, controllers...) now on a professional level. Thanks again!!!

Inviato Mon 26 Nov 12 @ 3:35 am
69%