Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] VirtualDJ 7.3 - Page: 16

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

mcs1234PRO InfinityMember since 2010
What timing!!
I just ordered a ridiculously expensive video emulator (from zeevee) that converts my hi res VGA to HD QAM (like the cable companies use).
Hooked it up; picture quality was awesome, but because of the processing involved, it put a 1/2 sec delay to the video, causing it to be out-of-sync with the audio.
Then I just wandered over to the new feature in 7.3 (that I just upgraded to) that slides the video in either direction to match it. Voila. Perfection!
Great software, great update. Thanks!

Inviato Thu 06 Dec 12 @ 1:13 pm
ANY WORD ON 7.3 UPDATE FOR VIRTUAL VINLY/CUE USERS?

Inviato Fri 07 Dec 12 @ 2:18 pm
CMBDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I noticed in this update I had to uncheck hardware accelleration for smooth video playback. Previously it had to but activated. Some of you folks with video playback issues may want to try that.

Inviato Sat 08 Dec 12 @ 9:42 am
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Used 7.3 live last night - after updated the main rig. Every update if I install over top the existing, some effects stop working. They need to be deleted and do a 'repair install'.

No excessive CPU usage or spiking. Only played MP3s and the occasional video. Used Limiter on, Colored Waveform on, and 0db.

I thought the automix glitch sound came back but only heard one time for the duration of the cocktails and dinner.

Did not notice any freezes, glitches or gotchas. But search is acting weird. If I search for "in da club', I get several unrelated returns, but not 50 cent.

Search on '50 cent' and find what I am looking for.

Is this by design and if so, can it be turned off? With 55,000+ tracks, this can be a bit cumbersome - esp for last minute guests requests.

Inviato Sat 08 Dec 12 @ 10:20 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
@ ewitles
You may need to compact your database by going into Cong, browser then Check, Clean and fix that should speed things up a bit for yeah....

Inviato Sat 08 Dec 12 @ 1:02 pm
The 20% cpu idle is when a track is loaded but not playing. Still a bug but not impacting performance.

Inviato Sat 08 Dec 12 @ 6:10 pm
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I still encounter 2 kinds of Freezes...

1. When editing EFFECTS (i.e. scrolltext video-fx) then go back to browser tab. VDJ will show both pages (effects and browser) at the same time on top of each other but won't respond to any control.

2. When searching for a file, using the left arrow key or trackpad to move the cursor to the left side of the word that is in the search box already (i.e. "diamonds_" then move cursor to "_diamonds" to type "rihanna".

Note: These are just occasional occurrence. Sad to say, they always happen on a live gig. Sometimes I try to recreate them at home but I can't.

"We should be happier if we have a back-up gear on a set-up and DON'T have to use it".

Too bad VDJ freezing don't create a "freeze report" like the crash report :(
... Or it does and I'm not just aware?

Any suggestions?

System:
Macbook Pro 15
Mac OS X 10.7.4
Quad Core
8GB RAM

Inviato Sat 08 Dec 12 @ 6:54 pm
Extensive use of VDJ 7.3 this past weekend; music for 3 hours Thursday night, videos for 3 hours on both Friday and Saturday night.
Rock solid all weekend long. Great job guys!

Inviato Mon 10 Dec 12 @ 8:43 am
Yeah, me too, used it for several gigs now and no hiccups! Loving the new parametric EQ so much, really getting to grips with it! So much smoother when you kill the bass and slam in a new beat when you're mixing - love it, love it, love it!

Inviato Mon 10 Dec 12 @ 4:46 pm
Ok, went back to my generic 7.1 sound card. While Windows will play each of the 8 channels, VDJ will only see 6.

When I assign a deck or anything for that matter to USB 7&8, it won't play through that output but will overlap 1&2, 3&4.

ASIO4ALL will allow all 8 channels but is full of static.

I figure if the advanced VDJ sound setup output 'sees' it, the sound should play through it.

Inviato Mon 10 Dec 12 @ 8:04 pm
@ewitles, did you get your search problem sorted? Search has been fine for me in the new version. Just a thought, have you checked in the options box to the right of the search box and made sure all of the "search by artist", "search by title", etc. have been checked so that you are searching for the title as well as the artist?

Inviato Tue 11 Dec 12 @ 12:39 am
I think search cast a wider net w/ the new logic.

Would prefer to 'force' me to refine my search vs return pages of irrelevant results.

Inviato Tue 11 Dec 12 @ 6:20 am
bazoooPRO InfinityMember since 2007
with the new search i have found it best to put in part of title and part of artist if know.selecting what i feel or the least common words

Inviato Tue 11 Dec 12 @ 7:47 am
djkg0PRO InfinityMember since 2011
when should we expect to see new updates for paid members and beginning transformation 7.4-7.5-7.6 to 8 by Q2

Inviato Thu 13 Dec 12 @ 3:40 am

Inviato Thu 13 Dec 12 @ 5:38 am
This is good news!....Thanks!!!!!!

Actually I have been connecting Serato to my vdj 7 because of the sound output. What i do is use Asio for RanesL3 as my soundcard.

QUESTION: Will this update improve the sound output while i still use asio for sl3 as my soundcard????

Inviato Thu 13 Dec 12 @ 6:07 pm
A major improvement has been made to the sound engine in v7.3, so yes it should sound better regardless of which sound card you are using. The SL3 is a standard ASIO sound card, so there's no reason it shouldn't work with v7.3 as well as it does with any other version.

NOTE: Don't make any major changes to your system just prior to going to a gig. Wait until after you've done your weekend's gigs before updating, so you have plenty of time to test the new update.

Inviato Fri 14 Dec 12 @ 11:07 am
waiting v8. hope best one.

Inviato Sun 16 Dec 12 @ 8:51 pm
espepePRO InfinityMember since 2009
kuldeepsinver wrote :
waiting v8. hope best one.

Keep waiting ,start to save money to buy legal license.

Inviato Sun 16 Dec 12 @ 9:33 pm
watsup team vdj i believe i am an unrecognized diehard ambasada 4 vdj i do gigs on vdj think about, opening a station in kenya , we have the most clubs n djs here it would boost ur sales n market do a research..... tell me more about the improved sound engine n plizz when shud we b expectin vdj 8 i cant wait to trash all these serato users!!!

Inviato Mon 17 Dec 12 @ 4:57 pm
79%