Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: question about beatgridding and sync

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

i just spent the past 8 hours beatgridding everything, when i sync, sometimes ( most of the time ) its not matching the big beat markers from the seperate songs together, its matching a big and small ones together and such, im sure this isnt right? how can i make it only sync big marker to big marker?

on a side note: im using a reloop terminal mix 4 with the normal mapping found here on the site, im trying to change the default filters for the vps philta vst, but when i change the mapping with what synthet1c wrote for me...

'' To add stuff to your mapping I just noticed the TM4 has a way to prevent decks 3 & 4 from doing anything if using a 2 deck skin.

get decks 2 ? action_deck 3 ? nothing : action_deck 4 ? nothing : filter : filter

you just want to change the commands at the end if you want to keep this functionality.

get decks 2 ? action_deck 3 ? nothing : action_deck 4 ? nothing : effect 'VPS philta' slider 2 : effect 'VPS philta' slider 2 ''

...it stops the filters showing movement in the skin and only works for decks 1-2, even when 3 and 4 are selected there filters do nothing,

what code do i need to just make it work in every filter no matter which is selected or playing + show movement on the skin??

thanks for your help!

Inviato Fri 30 Nov 12 @ 5:43 pm
SYNC will match to the nearest beat when you press it. To get both songs with the large 4/4 beat markers matched together, you will need to press the SYNC button on the 4/4 beat (I.e: As the big marker of the current playing song is passing under the song position line.) You must of course also have the song that you are bringing in cued up on the big 4/4 marker too.

If you map the filter knob of the TM4 to another effect (E.g: VST 'VPS philter') then the on-screen filter knob will not move because it is still mapped in the skin to VDJ's internal filter, which you are now no-longer using. To have it working on the skin as well, you would also need to manually edit the skin's XML to use 'VPS philta' instead of VirtualDJ's built-in filter.

Inviato Sat 01 Dec 12 @ 12:56 pm
thanks for the reply vdj support team, i thought as much with the sync issue, shame really, would be nice to be able to be able to tell virtual dj the specific size markers u want it to match so you can just hit sync and know its on the beat you want no matter when u pressed it, also i wondered, is there a way to change to response time to buttons,for instance, when you press say, a hotcue? it seems if i really mash a hotcue button it will only jump every time it gets to half of the way through the beat, instead of jumping to the point everytime i press it?

regarding the skin, i thought as much but had no idea on how to remap it until now so really big thanks for that, however the code synthet1c wrote for me still doesnt make the filters behave how i imagine, when trying the code i decided to change vps filter to the djm850 filter, it works on all 4 decks, but i need to press activate on the effect in the effects tab before it will, so i gathered maybe thats the problem with the vps one? im not good with this code stuff as im only just beginning to grasp basics now, and havent had the software for long at all, but is there a way you can make it activate as you turn it from the neutral halfway position?

(in short, ideally i would really like the vps filter with control over slider 2+3 on the filter and to automatically turn on when i move it, and work on all 4 decks at the same time, so if i was to have 4 songs playing, i can filter whichever and however many songs i want, also is there a thread to teach u what to change + what to put in the xml files of skins?

Inviato Sat 01 Dec 12 @ 1:58 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)