Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problems with sync function

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

PridayPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Okay so I've stumbled upon a bizaar glitch in my recently dowloaded VDJ 7.3. I have sent this to the support team but have yet to get a response (possibly cos they're trying to work out what the hell I'm talking about!) so I thought I'd paste my message on here to see if anyone had any ideas. Sorry if this makes no sense. It was quite difficult to put in words what the problem was!

'I have just bought the full VDJPro 7.3 and am using it with a Mixtrack Pro on a PC. I was confused to find that whenever I sync a song down (match the bpm of the slightly faster track to that of the slower one) the track that was originally faster now actually plays slightly slower than the other track, even though it shows the bpm's as being the same.

For example - If the track playing in deck A is 85 bpm and I want to mix in a track on deck B which is 88 bpm, I press 'sync' on deck B. Both tracks now show as 85 bpm. However, when i hit play on deck B, this track now plays slightly slower than the track playing in deck A - it seems to start slowly lagging behind the other track. This makes it impossible to mix the track in.

Also, this glitch does not occur with all tracks when syncing down to a lower bpm. It is only with certain tracks but always the same ones. The 'glitchy' tracks are not all on one album or in one particular folder either.

I have also tried it on a brand new laptop and am still having the same problem so i can only assume its a defect in the software.

Please could someone advise?'

Inviato Wed 19 Dec 12 @ 5:32 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Inviato Thu 20 Dec 12 @ 3:09 am
djdad wrote :
The SYNC button actually syncs the grids (dots) you see in the waveform. Are those aligned (centered) when you sync those particular songs ?
IF yes, then SYNC does the job as it should.
If dots are aligned but the songs are out of "beat" this means that the analyze of the song is not properly done.
Please read here.. http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/When%20I%20press%20SYNC%20the%20two%20songs%20do%20not%20beat%20match%20perfectly%20with%20each%20other.html

The dots are aligned and the tracks start off playing in perfect sync with each other. However after a few seconds the one track starts to lag behind leading to the eventual 'train wreck' effect.

I have tried the same tracks on other Dj software and do not have this problem.

I have had a response to the ticket I raised asking me to upload a video showing the fault, which I will be uploading later.

Thanks.

Inviato Thu 20 Dec 12 @ 6:35 am
Not with all tracks, only certain ones?

Are you aware that some tracks do not have a steady tempo? If you try to mix those tracks without manually adjusting the pitch as you go (also known as DJing) then they will drift off.

DJ software always assumes that a track only has one fixed tempo and one key, but that's not always the case.

Please give an example of two tracks that you can't mix.

Inviato Thu 20 Dec 12 @ 6:48 am
Priday wrote :
The dots are aligned and the tracks start off playing in perfect sync with each other. However after a few seconds the one track starts to lag behind leading to the eventual 'train wreck' effect.

I have tried the same tracks on other Dj software and do not have this problem.

I have had a response to the ticket I raised asking me to upload a video showing the fault, which I will be uploading later.

Thanks.

If that is the case you can try to lock the pitch/tempo of the deck so that tracks will be sync through the end. You can find a small lock icon on each deck near the pitch slider control.

Inviato Fri 21 Dec 12 @ 8:37 am
groovindj wrote :
Not with all tracks, only certain ones?

Are you aware that some tracks do not have a steady tempo? If you try to mix those tracks without manually adjusting the pitch as you go (also known as DJing) then they will drift off.

DJ software always assumes that a track only has one fixed tempo and one key, but that's not always the case.

Please give an example of two tracks that you can't mix.

But this is with hardcore tracks where the tempo doesn't change. And the tracks start to drift in the first 8-16 bars where both tracks have a simple 1-2-3-4 beat. Surely the tracks shouldnt go out in this case should they?

I've found right clicking and manually typing over the bpm fixes it most of the time. But its very irritating if I have to do that every other track! And like I said, these issues are non existent with other dj sofware.

Inviato Sun 23 Dec 12 @ 2:46 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)