Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Multiple Definitions

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

technzPRO InfinityMember since 2011
im once again attempting some crazy work arounds for my S2 and F1 mappers to get the sliders and knobs working.
i know that it isnt possible to have multiple mappers for a single defintion file, however is it possible to have multiply definitions and mappers for a single hardware device (purely for input).

Please JPBOGGIS or somebody answer my prayers and say yes, or suggest a work around.

Inviato Wed 09 Jan 13 @ 5:24 am
Probably not because even if you have 2 definition files with different device names, the controller will always return the unique ID String, so if there are 2 def. files, which one gets binded to the controller? Of course they could develop a selection screen in the config if they wanted to.

For now just make a small script/batch that will copy and switch you definition/mapper sets around. Plenty of tutorial for scripts in youTube for PC's and MACs.

Inviato Fri 11 Jan 13 @ 6:30 pm
technzPRO InfinityMember since 2011
thanks for replying, however the reason for asking about dual mappers/definitions isnt due to wanting 2 different but complete mappers, i need a way to do some complicated things with HID that cant interfere with any of the other items in the definition so creating new pages is sorta out of the question.

Inviato Fri 11 Jan 13 @ 7:51 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I'm not sure if I'm completely getting this. I use the SBDJ profile switcher to switch between known working settings/mappers. This lets me have different settings for different equipment and trying different things.

Inviato Sat 12 Jan 13 @ 2:16 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If i am not mistaken, the SBDJ Profile Switcher selects/backups/restores only the Mappers folder, so this will not help you if more than 1 definiton files for the same units are present in the Devices Folder.

But answering to the initial post, yes the Profile Switcher will do the job, if you create one definition file and multiple mapper files for the same unit.

Inviato Tue 15 Jan 13 @ 10:38 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)