Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-Ergo SHIFT button

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I need some serious help....

I just ran into somehing I have no seen before in how the SHIFT button is handled in the DDJ-Ergo controllers. Normally the VDJ mapper has a mapping statement to set the $SHIFT variable while some button on the controller is pressed. In the ERGO I cannot find such statement in the built-in mapper.

Is the SHIFT function in the DDJ-Ergo is being implemented in hardware? How will I go about, for example, mapping SHIFT+LOAD to perform a DECK UNLOAD?

sigh... I am starting to suspect I would need a custom definition file, not cool :(
Which file in VDJ can I view the built-in definition files for all supported controllers?

Inviato Fri 11 Jan 13 @ 6:07 pm
If there isn't a key named SHIFT in the list in CONFIG -> Mappers then it is implemented in the hardware and cannot be mapped individually.

Native definitions are not available to view/edit unless the manufacturer has specifically requested this (In which case, they can be downloaded from http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/controllers.html )

Inviato Fri 11 Jan 13 @ 6:26 pm
I recall Heiko saying that all elements defined in a particular definition file would appear in the KEY dropdown box in the CONFIG/MAPPERS tab. Just to re-affirm, if a KEY is not listed in that dropdown box then it is not in the controller's definition file correct?

Any suggestions on how to map an UNLOAD function given that the SHIFT variable cannot be set?

Inviato Fri 11 Jan 13 @ 7:03 pm
If the element is not listed in the KEY drop-down, then it's not available in the definition.

For some controllers, SHIFT functionality is controlled by the hardware itself and may not be available for all buttons for technical and/or design reasons.

However, you could map unload using holding ? unload : load - This will load if you click the button and unload if you hold it down and then release it.

Inviato Sat 12 Jan 13 @ 10:29 am
thanks, that worked great for my UNLOAD function in particular.

[RANT]
HOLDING does not work great for buttons who's primary purpose is to activate time sensitive functions such as PLAY or CUE since the system has to wait for the user to release the button to trigger the desired function. I ended up reassigning one of the Video Effects button as a "software" SHIFT to use with the CUE/PLAY buttons and that worked great as well. It just bothers me the fact that Pioneer put a factory SHIFT button that cannot be build upon it without regenerating the definition file to include other combination of keys.

Found many other inconveniences with the factory mapper, such as everytime you play a sample or an effect the screen switches to that "pluggingpage", the PFL behaves as if the hardware actually had more than 2 physical channels when there is actually only 2, you cannot set deck focus with the PFL buttons, Browse size function on provided skin will not stick, etc, etc... It just shows how newbie Pioneer is to the software based Dj controller market, hopefully they'll get better...

I got it working now more or less to the GF's liking.
[/RANT]

Inviato Mon 14 Jan 13 @ 12:47 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)