Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Timecode + MIDI + Analog vinyl, possible?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

DjRatRHome userMember since 2010
I recently purchased a Stanton SC System 1 (SCS.1M mixer + SCS.1D turntable, both are fully digital, so everything including the sound card & faders are controlled from the software). This is a single turntable setup that lets me control 2 decks with 1 deck, which gives me space for another.

So I got to thinking, my mixer has a Phono input: what if I added a vinyl turntable to the setup? To everybody it would look like a 2 deck setup, but would really be 3. That way not only can I mix real vinyl, but time-coded as well and MIDI. This would be the ultimate setup to have IMO, since you can play everything!

Now my question is, does the newest version of VDJ support such a configuration, and if so, how do I set it up? I plan on upgrading to a full licence as soon as 8 comes out.

(Also, unrelated: Why won't this site accept my serial number for the controllers? They're used, but the previous owner used Traktor)

Inviato Wed 16 Jan 13 @ 5:35 pm
Hmm, Well for starters I don't have your setup and don't have access to it either so I can't try anything out........ but what I do know is that with 2 turntables (I using Techs) I can control 4 decks with only 2 timecodes. I'm sure you could do more but 4 is all I need. With the right script and soundcard you should be able to do it. Not having access to your specific unit though I'm not gonna promise anything. I would first start by atleast getting the timecodes to work cause that's probably gonna be half the battle.

Sorry I can't be more help and good luck
Huey

Inviato Sun 20 Jan 13 @ 11:01 pm
DjRatRHome userMember since 2010
Thanks for the insight. Due to the lack of response to confirm, though, I'm probably just gonna end up saving the hassle and getting a second SCS.1D.

Inviato Mon 04 Feb 13 @ 2:31 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)