Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Question about playlist history

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I'd like to know if there is a way that I can see what time a song was played when i view the playlist history. For example if I choose 2012-01-26, I get the list of songs I play in the order I played them, I can choose in the menu bar various items such as title artist ect, But there is no choice for what time I played the song.

Any help, thoughts are appreciated

Johnny

Inviato Mon 04 Feb 13 @ 8:28 am
C:\Users\Yourname\Documents\VirtualDJ\Tracklisting

Look in the Tracklist.txt file.

It keeps a permanent note of everything played and the actual times are listed there too.

Keith

Inviato Mon 04 Feb 13 @ 8:48 am
Or since .m3u files are plain TEXT files you can open them with notepad and see the time you played each file among with their filename.

Inviato Mon 04 Feb 13 @ 11:04 am
Thank you

Inviato Mon 04 Feb 13 @ 11:55 am
Can playlists be merged into one ? either by month or function type ? ie, Jan, feb, weddings / christenings etc

Inviato Tue 05 Feb 13 @ 5:28 am
Not at the moment, you can rename them but it's not possible to create subgroups.

Keith

Inviato Tue 05 Feb 13 @ 5:32 am
thanks Keith, Maybe incorporated into version 8 ?????????????

Inviato Tue 05 Feb 13 @ 5:54 am
It depends on what you mean by the term "merge" them.

There are several things you can try to see if they fit your needs.

1) Create a physical folder on your hard drive and copy the playlists you want on this folder. Now set this folder as a favorite folder on VirtualDJ. The M3U playlists will be treated as "sub-folders" ;)

2) Open some existing playlists with Notepad or a more advanced text editor like Notepad++ Copy all the contents (it's plain text) from each playlist and paste it on the one of another. Save the file. You now have a "huge" playlist that holds the contents of all the playlists you "merged" However this playlist might have duplicate entries! If you want to remove duplicate entries open VirtualDJ, load the playlist on the playlist window and select "Remove Duplicates" from the playlist management menu. Now you can re-save the playlist for future reference without duplicate files.

3) If you want all the contents of a few playlists to be managed in a more efficient way you can create a Virtual Folder. Just drag all the contents of each playlist you want inside the Virtual Folder. At the end you will have a big playlist without duplicate files, but the tracks won't hold their order as they do with regular m3u files.

Inviato Tue 05 Feb 13 @ 6:02 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :

2) Open some existing playlists with Notepad or a more advanced text editor like Notepad++ Copy all the contents (it's plain text) from each playlist and paste it on the one of another. Save the file. You now have a "huge" playlist that holds the contents of all the playlists you "merged" However this playlist might have duplicate entries! If you want to remove duplicate entries open VirtualDJ, load the playlist on the playlist window and select "Remove Duplicates" from the playlist management menu. Now you can re-save the playlist for future reference without duplicate files. - when saving, what type of file extension do you need to save it as.

Thanks Phantom,

I currently have all my playlists saved as : date, function type, venue.

Now my playlist (History folder) is getting pretty long, so thinking of ways to try and shrink it down.

Inviato Tue 05 Feb 13 @ 6:20 am
You can't group/split the "History" log.
However you can Create another Folder and do your grouping/splitting there.
Here's what I do:

I keep only the last 3 month logs on my "History" folder.

I have Created the Following Folders:

Past History <This is the root
>2011
>>Clubs
>>>Allegro
>>>Margarita
>>>Venue
>>Weddings
>2012
>>Clubs
>>>Allegro
>>>Fuego
>>>Margarita
>>Parties
>>Weddings

Now I move my past history playlists inside these folders (sometimes I may even copy a history playlist in two locations if I want to, eg. both Parties and the Club I played at)
Finally I set the "Past History" Folder as a favorite folder and I have moved it right under the native "History" of VirtualDj.
This way I can "scroll" very easily at the type of event I want.

virtual kev wrote :
when saving, what type of file extension do you need to save it as.

M3U

Inviato Tue 05 Feb 13 @ 8:14 am
Hey Phantom,

What do I do, if the track path is invalid (for example) a tracklist from 2009 - Do I search for the track manually ?

Inviato Tue 05 Feb 13 @ 10:12 am
Can you make possible to transfer history list from virtual dj 7 to vdj8 i have copy the folder from 7 to 8 and i't's not working as I expected can you sort this out please !

Inviato Fri 17 Oct 14 @ 4:39 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
VirtualDJ 8 uses a different folder for your history lists. Its now named as History.
On first launch VirtualDJ 8 will read the Tracklisting folder of version 7 and will create a new one including all your files from that folder.
You can still of course manually copy all the files from Tracklisting to the new History folder.

Inviato Fri 17 Oct 14 @ 5:04 pm
sorted out !

Inviato Fri 17 Oct 14 @ 5:34 pm
Thanks dj dad thanks a lot !

Inviato Fri 17 Oct 14 @ 5:35 pm
I am replacing my DJ computer with a new one and downloaded the current version of Virtual DJ 8. Everything is working but I have no history and routinely use this to give me ideas. is there a way of moving the history from one computer to another? Where are the files located?

Scooter

Inviato Mon 22 Jan 18 @ 6:51 am
Scooter13642 wrote :
I am replacing my DJ computer with a new one and downloaded the current version of Virtual DJ 8. Everything is working but I have no history and routinely use this to give me ideas. is there a way of moving the history from one computer to another? Where are the files located?

Scooter

have a look here -> https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How%20to%20Transfer%20To%20A%20New%20Computer.html

Inviato Mon 22 Jan 18 @ 10:16 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)