Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: WiDi for video - works very well

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi all,

just thought I would share this with you.

I upgraded my laptop recently and found it to be WiDi enabled. (Asus N56VM)

More info here about WiDi:

http://youtu.be/D7mlNquHnCQ

So I purchased a Belkin WiDi receiver in a sale @ £49.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-ScreenCast-F7D4501DE-Wireless-Display/dp/B0057XIYYO

I have a regular venue that has the AV distribution server down in the basement and the DJ Booth is upstairs and it is quite a way for a cable run and I have never been able to get a good picture back up into the main venu to display on the Video Monitors and the large Projector Screen.

I was a bit dubious at first because this venue has 3ft solid brick walls, but to my surprise I obtained a 4 bar signal readout in the WiDi software and now I can run full 1080p video from VDJ over WiDi into the venue's AV system.

It is very easy to stup and and just auto-connects once you have paired the receiver to your laptop.

There is a slight video/audio sync difference but I take this out with the new VDJ Delay setting in the video tab.

No more wires and no more poor quality signal.

I hope this helps someone in the same predicament.

ps: I also connect the WiDi receiver to my rear screen projector so I can place the screen anywhere in a room without long lengths of cables
pps: you can have more than one receiver that the Widi enabled laptop can connect to at one time.

Inviato Mon 25 Feb 13 @ 5:07 pm
Interesting and cool!! Thanks for sharing.

Inviato Mon 25 Feb 13 @ 7:39 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Interesting and cool!! Thanks for sharing.

Your very welcome - and thank you for your comment.

I hope other people find it useful as well.

Inviato Tue 26 Feb 13 @ 5:00 am
what does the new delay feature delay? the audio or the video? I am having a isse with the video lagging the audio. Thanks

Inviato Wed 05 Jun 13 @ 11:23 am
@ VIP DISCO & KARAOKE, very nice. I just purchased a new laptop for my son and it has WIDI. Made me wonder if this could work at venues.
May have to upgrade my lappy soon.

@ pricefarms1... is the delay due to long cable lengths between your DJ system and the monitors/video gear or is the lag experienced in a traditional setup?? The feature discussed is for correcting audio/video sync issues due to long cable lengths and/or elaborate video distribution systems.

Inviato Wed 05 Jun 13 @ 2:52 pm
I'm trying to send wireless video to my TV and wireless audio to my sound setup, I'm using a My Wireless tv for the video, And a shure slx body pack for my audio. Is anybody else doing a wireless Video & Karaoke DJ Show? Thanks for any input.

Inviato Fri 07 Jun 13 @ 8:27 am
paxwebbPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Any way to get this working on Bootcamp? Since Apple uses Broadcom network cards, not Intel, I think this is a NO-GO...

Inviato Thu 18 Jul 13 @ 4:13 am
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
i have system widi and must say .... nice
zero latency ... good system

Inviato Mon 19 Aug 13 @ 5:15 pm
My audio and video is out of sync. Any suggestions

Inviato Mon 30 Sep 13 @ 4:44 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
check your source...i mean...is it out of sync when you play it with an external media player...?

Inviato Tue 01 Oct 13 @ 1:46 am
It works fine when I'm plugged directly with the HDMI cord. But when I extend my display to the Widi reciever the audio doesn't match up with the video. I try to adjust the latency in Virtual but that doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Inviato Sun 20 Oct 13 @ 4:21 pm
VDJ does have a video delay slider you could try......

Inviato Tue 22 Oct 13 @ 9:49 am
I have setting in widi config for SPEED (don t quality)
The latest firmware in WIDI (I have NETGEAR)
new drivers for widi in pc and graphics

Inviato Tue 22 Oct 13 @ 1:53 pm
widi in Win 8.1 little lugs

Inviato Tue 12 Nov 13 @ 2:02 pm
Where can I find the video delay slider in VDJ? Is this VDJ 7 or VDJ 8

Inviato Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 9:47 am
VDJ8: go to config, options, video, find videoDelay. By default it is set to 0.000000. experiment with values in that field and check the results. If a positive number in the field makes it worse you may want to put a negative value in the field, such as -1.000000.

VDJ7: go to config, select the video tab, at the bottom of the page is a field labelled Delay. Default value is 0. Again, experiment to find the best setting.

I've never had to adjust these settings in v7 or v8 so I am ignorant as to the best settings for your situation.

Good luck,
Tim

Inviato Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 10:56 am
Ok thanks I you that but I can't seem to sink the video with the audio using the widi adapter. This is frustrating because I know this should work correctly. Will updating the firmware of the widi adapter help.

Inviato Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 3:02 pm
DeAlmaro wrote :
Ok thanks I you that but I can't seem to sink the video with the audio using the widi adapter. This is frustrating because I know this should work correctly. Will updating the firmware of the widi adapter help.

Just change the video delay in VDJ settings - a minus or plus figure is accepted - I just experimented until I found the best settings - you have to restart vdj after each change.

Inviato Wed 24 Dec 14 @ 10:56 am
DeAlmaro wrote :

The Belkin Adapter auto senses a firmware update once you make an initial connection via widi.

Inviato Wed 24 Dec 14 @ 10:57 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)