Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Denon DN-S3700 Hybrid MIDI Setup

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

lp894PRO InfinityMember since 2010
*I posted this in the PC Technical Support section and realized it should probably be here instead but can't close my thread there*

I've searched the forums all day and I've seen nothing(in english lol) that explains how to setup the S3700 in Hybrid Midi Mode so I decided to figure it out myself and I got it working(note this is specific to a SL2/3/4 and VDJ 7):

Since VDJ Supports 2960 cycle resolution in Hybrid Midi mode, you might as well set it to that
-Hold down the "Memo" button until you enter preset mode
-Turn the knob until you see cycle 1480, press the knob, then change it to 2960 and press memo to save it

Now on to setting it up:

First - Since VDJ supports the s3700 native, don't change any of the midi settings. If you're changed your midi channel to 5 and 6 for Serato, change both back to Midi Ch. 1(it will work set to midi 5 and 6 but the display won't function neither will the lights light up when you press a button)

Second - you need to click the Platter Mode button and make sure the platter is in Jog mode. I haven't been able to get this to work while being in scratch mode. The midi buttons work but the track never plays

1 - Set input to Timecodes, Output to External Mixer, and Sound Card to Rane SL2/3/4
2 - Under Timecode Config, set Vinyl to Other (Relative Mode Only) 1000 KHz
3 - Set Mode to Smart Relative
4 - Click Debug and make sure Disable ClearSound is checked
5 - Click ok on all the windows

You should be good to go now!

Bit of a warning. There is drifting while using timecode mode. If you figure out how to get rid of that please by all means chime in. I haven't figured it out yet though. As long as you don't spin back TOO fast you don't have any drifting that I can notice. Straight MIDI mode is the only way I've been able to get rid of all drifting, but the platter is MUCH more responsive when in Hybrid MIDI mode

Inviato Tue 26 Feb 13 @ 4:47 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)