Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Stanton T62 Timecode issues. Help

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello,

I am currently having issues with getting Timecode to work with my Stanton T.62 Turntables. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, maybe it's quite obvious but I can not find it.

Here is my current set up

VDJ
Numark C3USB 5 Channel Mixer
2 Stanton T.62 Turntable's
2 Scratch Live Serato CVO-2A Timecode Vinyl's.
2 KRK Rokit 6's Monitors.

Here is how I am trying to get it to work.

I hook up the Numark C3 with USB connection on Channel 4 with the switch set to "Master Out" to my Laptop.
I then plug the Stanton T.62's to the Channel 1 Phono input and Channel 2 Phono input.
I am getting sound out of the turntables, and sound out from the laptop to the mixer.
Also XLR connections on the back of the Numark going out to my KRK Rokit 6's for sound.

Either I am setting this up Hardware wise or Software wise. I can not get a signal from the TimeCode config inside VDJ for the life of me! And I'm getting really aggravated.

If someone could help me on this problem it would greatly be appreciated. Like I said, either I'm doing something wrong Hardware wise or Software, OR if I need another thing in order to get this to work.

I'm am also new to this so bare with me.

You can either comment back or shoot me an Email at: [Removed - contact details are not allowed for no-licence users]

Thank you!

Inviato Tue 12 Mar 13 @ 7:25 pm

Inviato Wed 13 Mar 13 @ 6:00 am
Here's a simple picture of how things need to be set up...

For timecode, the output of the decks doesn't go to the mixer. The timecode signal needs to be sent to the computer, so the deck outputs go to the soundcard inputs (the red cables in the picture). The computer then 'hears' that signal and hopefully displays a circle in the timecode config area.

That signal instructs the computer that the vinyl is playing, telling the software to play an MP3 when it 'hears' that signal.

The sound from the MP3 (the output of the DJ s/w) is then sent from the outputs of the sound card to the line inputs of the mixer.

So......the decks feed the computer, then the computer feeds the mixer.

Inviato Wed 13 Mar 13 @ 7:14 am
Thank you groovindj. This has helped me out a lot. I have an external sound card, A M-Audio Fast Track Pro, but I don't think that will work properly or I am hooking it up wrong.

I guess I am forced to buy the Serato SL1 Box. But I really don't want to spend another $100-200 after I just bought all this gear. Ugh this shit can get expensive. :(

Inviato Wed 13 Mar 13 @ 1:26 pm
Unfortunately the Fast Track Pro doesn't have the required 4 inputs (2 stereo) for timecode use.

You don't necessarily need to purchase the SL1 - You can use any ASIO sound card with at least 4 inputs (2 stereo) and outputs 4-in/4-out, such as ESI Maya44 USB (Popular cheap option) and Hercules DJ Trim.

Inviato Wed 13 Mar 13 @ 1:44 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)