Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ 7.4 - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

While VirtualDJ 8 is getting near, we are still committed to bringing new enhancements and fixes to the existing version.
So we are releasing today a new version 7.4.

This will probably be the last of the 7.x series, so we wanted to make sure of two things:
First, that this is our most stable version ever. So that when the more "young" v8 is released, people still have a rock-solid time-tested version as an alternative option if they want. So, we took the time to fix in 7.4 many small glitches that we initially thought would wait for v8.
Second, that it is compatible with the new communication protocols that are used in v8 (liveFeedback, ContentUnlimited, MySets, etc). So that v7.4 doesn’t lose any functionality when we release v8 and switch our servers to the new protocol.

So, what is new in v7.4?

First, we enhanced our Content Subscription offer.
Is it now called "ContentUnlimited", and comes with 3 Subscription Plans: an Audio Plan, a Video Plan and a Karaoke Plan.
The Audio Plan is still using Grooveshark as a back-end catalog, and all existing subscription from v7.3 will continue uninterrupted as an Audio Plan.
The Karaoke Plan has all the catalogs from ChartBusters/MegaHits, and we are in the process of also uploading all the catalogs from SunFly.
The Video Plan is using VJPro, and for now is limited to USA customers only, but we should add Canada soon and Europe soon after.
We also still have a "NetSearch" option where you can search (at your own risk) rarer content that is not found on the "professional" catalogs.
You can find here more information about ContentUnlimited.

We also implemented full multi-touch compatibility, so that VirtualDJ 7.4 can take full advantage of Windows 8 touch tablets and surfaces.

We replaced MusicGroup by our new LiveFeedback recommendation engine, bringing you more accurate recommendations (that will grow even much better when v8 will go live).

We implemented some new industry-standard actions like "slip_mode", "loop_roll", "slip"...

And like usual, we added native support for all the new controllers that have been released recently or will be released soon, bringing the total list to 187 controllers supported natively out of the box.

Like usual, VirtualDJ 7.4 is a free upgrade for all Broadcaster, Basic and Pro users.
Just go to your Download Center to download it.

Inviato Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 4:12 pm
Really looking forward to trying 7.4 on my Lenovo T220.

Good work guys,

Roy

Inviato Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 4:19 pm
Can I be the first to say thanks ;-)

Just popped in here to check mappings for my MC6000 and saw the download centre lit up!!! YEEHAA :-)

Inviato Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 4:20 pm
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Woohoo, so on the 10th yr of virtual dj we will see vdj 8, if this is the last one... woot woop.

Inviato Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 4:27 pm
Thanks Vdj Team !

Inviato Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 4:28 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Nice one guys! Downloading now... :)

Inviato Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 4:36 pm
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Well done team!
Thanks for this update. VDJ devteam, more power to you all.

Inviato Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 4:37 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
VirtualDJ 7.4 (20 March 2013)

• new ContentUnlimited Video and Karaoke subscription plans
  • new improved LiveFeedback recommendations
  • Windows 8 multi-touch full compatibility
  • new actions "slip_mode", "slip", "loop_roll"
  • new actions "motorwheel 'speed'" and "motorwheel 'invspeed'" (for Denon motorized wheels)
  • midi definition <jog> can have ccmsb2="" for 21-bit messages
  • device definitions can include firmware update messages
  • fixed <slider orientation="circle"> with negative angles
  • fixed potential crash with malformed id3 tags
  • fixed transition applied to audio-only plugins on Mac
  • fixed potential crash when using clipbank plugin on Mac
  • fixed potential crash when using cover download dialog on Mac

As always full history here :
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ_History.html

Inviato Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 4:39 pm
Question the new content unlimited sounds good. But if you subscribe to Karaoke do you get Music too. Or Video, do you get karaoke and music included.

Or do they all exist as separate subscriptions?

Inviato Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 4:44 pm
coach kPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I'm downloaded, will be checking it later, but I'm sure it's good here.

THANKS VDJ!

Inviato Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 4:49 pm
CadDogPRO InfinityMember since 2004
:(

Since I still only use a Laptop for everything
(love those (quick) keys assignments)
I will not see anything changed from 7.3.

I will download and install because I want to be up to date.

Thanks VDJ for all your hard work and I still think this is the best DJ software out there.

:)

Inviato Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 4:49 pm
ZamoodaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
LOVE IT! Thanks team!

Inviato Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 4:59 pm
The sign was right on the money!!! Thank you once again........

Inviato Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 5:07 pm
Could you guys please update the list of natively supported controllers and the VDJscript verbs page whenever possible, thanks...

Inviato Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 5:15 pm
coach kPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Changed my mind, went and gave it a trial with the timecodes, still strong for me, no hiccups. I have to play with it a little more to see if its a total go. I beat juggled for like 5 or 10 mins and it responded well.

Inviato Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 5:18 pm
Ladies and Gentlemen, each subscription service is separate. Please read here.

Inviato Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 5:24 pm
zacek100 wrote :
Could you guys please update the list of natively supported controllers whenever possible, thanks...

If you go into mappers, it shows all supported controllers.

Inviato Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 5:28 pm
7.4 is downloaded!! My question is like one of the other posts on here, I have the Audio Downloads for $9.99 a month now but if i add Karaoke for $19.99 is that on top of my $9.99 =$29.98 or does Karaoke include audio for $19.99? This question is the same with video downloads for $49.99... Even $50 bucks for all 3 seems a little steep to me! $30 makes more sense.

Inviato Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 5:41 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
okay looks like that guy's source was right afterall. LOL I forgot who that was...getafix that said his source said Wednesday? LOL

Thanks for the update!!!!!

Inviato Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 5:45 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
Question the new content unlimited sounds good. But if you subscribe to Karaoke do you get Music too. Or Video, do you get karaoke and music included.

Or do they all exist as separate subscriptions?

No, every plan is a separate thing.
If you want everything, you need to subscribe to all 3 plans.

The content comes from different content providers who have different billing requirements etc, so we couldn't aggregate the plans together to offer like a "All 3 Plans" option.

Inviato Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 5:47 pm
6%