Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Crash when opening Folder

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi guys,

i really need your help.

I got a big karaoke folder on my desktop.

Everytime i try to unfold it in virtual dj the program takes ages to do it.

I left it for 30 min but it still doesnt do :(

whats wrong?

Inviato Thu 28 Mar 13 @ 8:50 am
If they are zipped files and you have a large number all within the same folder then it will take a long time to read them because each ZIP file must be decompressed for VirtualDJ to be able to read the song information.

To avoid this, you should either unzip all the files (Zipping isn't really necessary with today's large hard disks) or preferably organise the karaoke into appropriate folders, such as by Vendor\DiscID, e.g: Karaoke\Sunfly\SF123

Also, unless you are just using it for fun at home and don't mind being limited to a small video window, you will need purchase the full VirtualDJ Professional to output karaoke and/or video full-screen: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html - VirtualDJ Home FREE cannot be used for commercial purposes such as at gigs where you are being paid.

Inviato Thu 28 Mar 13 @ 11:42 am
Thx for ur answer. i found out that it works if i press the "plus" button next to the folder. it just crashes when pressing the folder icon :)

Inviato Wed 03 Apr 13 @ 6:56 am
If you click on a folder then it will list the contents of that folder. It could be that your root folder has a large number of unorganised zipped files stored in it, which could take a long time for VirtualDJ to read for tags, etc. (The software hasn't 'crashed' - It's just busy decompressing and reading tags and other information from the zipped files.)

If you click + to expand your folder structure and then click directly into a sub-folder, then it will only read the files within that folder, which may be considerably less (15-20 or so if it's a folder for a particular karaoke CD.)

Make sure that you are also using high quality karaoke files either purchased from on-line vendors such as Sunfly, Sound Choice, etc. or ripped directly from your original karaoke CDG discs. If you are using illegally downloaded karaoke then this may be poor quality and/or corrupted and could be part of the cause of the problem that you are experiencing. If this is the case, please support the vendors by purchasing your karaoke legitimately or alternatively subscribe to our streaming karaoke plan: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/subscription.html

Inviato Wed 03 Apr 13 @ 8:05 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)