Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual Dj A Processor Hog

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have an HP laptop running windows vista and I have disabled a lot of features and for some reason the CPU bar on virtual Dj goes in the red and disrupts my mixing with pops and crackles. What is wrong with this picture can anyone please give me some feedback on this issue. I have a gig coming up on the 19 and I have to be ready.

Numark NS6
Alto Active Speakers
HP 2.5 Ghz 4 Gig memory Duo hardrives
Seagate external hardrives

You can also pm me pleaz

Inviato Sun 07 Apr 13 @ 3:05 pm
Well the first problem in my opinion is Vista....

Do you have an Intel CPU?

Secondly, are you using the correct VDJ skin resolution for your laptop screen?

Also are you running a 64 bit OS, as I see from the Numark NS6 spec that 4GB RAM is the minimum in that case.

Inviato Sun 07 Apr 13 @ 4:41 pm
groovindj wrote :
Well the first problem in my opinion is Vista....

Do you have an Intel CPU?

Secondly, are you using the correct VDJ skin resolution for your laptop screen?

Also are you running a 64 bit OS, as I see from the Numark NS6 spec that 4GB RAM is the minimum in that case.

yes i have an intel cpu its an intel duo core preocessor
my laptop is a 17 inch wide screen, now as far as the right skin i would not know because when i installed the mapper for the ns6 there was instructions of which recomended skin to use. but i see you have a valid point because is was thinking of the probable cause that would have to do with the ns6.
my os is 32 bit, i use to only have 2 gigs of ram thats why i upgraded to 4 thinking that it might solve the issue.
you know groovindj i didnt have this problem when i use to use the dac 2 controller.

Inviato Sun 07 Apr 13 @ 11:59 pm
You need to ideally use a skin that correctly matches the resolution of your computer's screen (Check in the Windows Display control panel to find out what this is.) If you use a smaller skin and either resize or maximise it, then depending on your graphics card's capabilities, this can cause significantly higher CPU usage and performance issues.

Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Performance%20Issues.html

If you are unsure, try using the default VirtualDJ v7 skins. These support most common resolutions. The skin has no effect on the functionality of the NS6 and vice-versa, so you can use any skin of your own choice. You don't need to use a skin made to look like the NS6 - You've got the real thing right in front of you!

Inviato Mon 08 Apr 13 @ 4:16 am
Support staff wrote :
You need to ideally use a skin that correctly matches the resolution of your computer's screen (Check in the Windows Display control panel to find out what this is.) If you use a smaller skin and either resize or maximise it, then depending on your graphics card's capabilities, this can cause significantly higher CPU usage and performance issues.

Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Performance%20Issues.html

If you are unsure, try using the default VirtualDJ v7 skins. These support most common resolutions. The skin has no effect on the functionality of the NS6 and vice-versa, so you can use any skin of your own choice. You don't need to use a skin made to look like the NS6 - You've got the real thing right in front of you!

ok i will try this when i get hom along with the other settings that i have disabled to get more out of my software. i will get back hopefully with better results and if not the search continues for a cure. thank you guys for your feedback i will return

Inviato Mon 08 Apr 13 @ 5:42 am
Well my fellow djs everything that i could try has failed to the point of a great disappointment. i have researched vista tweaks far and wide. this is my current settings as far as i can take it. i have done some other tweaks that have not been listed. Can i take it further with whats running in service or is it pretty much maxed out?
i have an HP 17inch widescreen Laptop with

Intel Centrino Dual Core 2.5Ghz
4Ghz Ram
512mb video card
Dual Hardrives (2 Separate Drives)

System Configuration
Startup Enabled
Synaptics Pointing Device
Raid Event Monitor
Synaptics Pointing Device Driver
Nvidia Compatible Windows Vista Display Drivers
All Rest Unchecked

Services Enabled
Application Experience Running
Application Layer Gateway Stopped
Window Audio Endpoint Builder Running
Windows Audio Running
Base Filtering Engine Running
Background Intelligent Transfer Stopped
Computer Browser Stopped
Certificate Propagation Stopped
Microsoft .Net Framework NGE Stopped
Com4QIB Stopped
Com+ System Application Stopped
DFS Replication Stopped
Wired Auto Config Stopped
Readyboost Stopped
Function Discovery Provider Host Running
Function Discovery Resource Publication Running
Windows Font Cache Service Running
Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0 Stopped
Game Console Service Stopped
Group Policy Client Running
Human Interface Device Access Stopped
Intel Matrix Storage Event Monitor Stopped
Install Driver Table Manager Stopped
Windows Cardspace Stopped
CGPS Service Stopped
PNP-X IP Bus Enumerator Stopped
CNG Key Isolation Running
KtmRm For Distributed Transaction Coordinator Stopped
Workstation Running
Link-Layor Topology Discovery Mapper Stopped
Multimedia Class Scheduler Running
Distributed Transaction Coordinator Stopped
Microsoft iSCSI Initiator Service Stopped
Windows Installer Stopped
Norton Security Suite Running
Network Access Protection Agent Stopped
Net Logon Stopped
Network Connections Running
Network List Service Running
Network Location Awareness Running
Network Store Interface Service Running
Nvidia Display Driver Service Running
Microsoft Office Diagnostic Service Stopped
Office Source Engine Stopped
Peer Networking Identity Manager Stopped
Peer Networking Grouping Stopped
Program Compatibility Assistant Service Running
Performance Logs & Alerts Stopped
PNRP Machine Name Publication Service Stopped
Peer Name Resolution Protocol Stopped
Protected Storage Stopped
Quickplay Background Capture Service (QBCS) Stopped
Quickplay Task Scheduler (QTS) Stopped
Quality Windows Audio Video Experience Stopped
Remote Access Auto Connection Manager Stopped
Remote Access Connection Manager Stopped
Remote Registry Stopped
Cyberlink Rich Video Service (CRVS) Stopped
Remote Procedure Call Locator (RPC) Stopped
Smart Card Stopped
Task Scheduler Stopped
Smart Card Removal Policy Stopped
Windows Backup Stopped
System Event Notification Service Stopped
Shell Hardware Detection Running
SL UI Notification Service Stopped
SNMP Trap Stopped
Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service Stopped
Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) Running
Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider Stopped
Superfetch Running
TPM Base Service Stopped
Terminal Service Running
Thread Ordering Server Stopped
Windows Module Installer Stopped
Interface Service s Detection Stopped
UPnP Device Host Stopped
Virtual Disk Stopped
Volume Shadow Copy Stopped
Windows Connect Now-Config Registrar Stopped
Windows Color System Stopped
Diagnostic Service Host Stopped
Diagnostic System Host Stopped
Windows Event Collector Stopped
Problems Reports & Solutions Control Panel Support Stopped
Windows Defender Stopped
WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service Stopped
Windows Management Instrumentation Running
WLan AutoCinfig Stopped
WMI Performance Adapter Stopped
Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service Stopped
Portable Device Enumerator Service Running
Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 4.0.0.0 Stopped
Windows Search Running
Windows Driver Foundation-User-Mode Driver Framework Running
All the rest Unchecked

Now my laptop has 2 separate hardrives one which has the current vista os and the other has nothing. Now i dont want to create a partition on the vista drive i was thinking can i install windows xp on the other drive and tweak it strictly for virtual dj. On the other have i purchased a dj2go controller that came with a virtual dj LE can i use that software with the NS6 or is this particular software solely catered to the dj2go controller. i have have other dj softwares that work fine with my laptop but the most precision and the most accurate is Virtual Dj hands down. I Appreciate your feedback.

Inviato Wed 10 Apr 13 @ 11:51 pm
VirtualDJ LE will only work with the controller it was included with. However, because both hard drives are in the same physical computer, you can simply install your VirtualDJ Pro on both.

Vista is a very poorly designed and bloated operating system. You should find that performance will increase significantly if you replace it with either Windows 7 or XP. Purchasing and installing Windows 7 would be recommended because WIndows XP is now a very old and obsolete operating system (But works considerably better than Vista.)

Inviato Thu 11 Apr 13 @ 5:04 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Have you tried temporarily disabling Norton? I have been working on PC's for over ten years, and have seen countless issues surrounding Norton products. I, personally, would recommend using a different product.

Also, have you disabled all of your networking, maybe there is still a background program doing something?

What is your CPU usage before starting VDJ?

While Vista is not MS's best OS, I have seen it work in production fine... there just may be a bit of tweaking. Most of Vista's problems were around old hardware.

You may have a trojan or malware in the background, for this you would have to use a LiveCD and run a scan in a stand alone environment.

I have mixed video on a P4 2Ghz single core with 2 Gig of ram, so the PC is more then enough to play audio without glitching.

Inviato Thu 11 Apr 13 @ 9:01 am
Funny you should ask that i have been trying to disable noton and it seems to want to linger perhaps that could be a potential problem because i use to have mccaffee before and never noticed this. I see your point and i will investigate after i run a scan on my laptop.

As far as disableling networking i have but you know what, some of the networking services have to be active in order for my Numark NS6 to function properly dont ask me why.

My cpu usage before VDJ is between 10 to 30%

May you sugguest any tweaks or all tweaks that worked for you?

All in all i appreciate your feedback Thank you

blckjck wrote :
Have you tried temporarily disabling Norton? I have been working on PC's for over ten years, and have seen countless issues surrounding Norton products. I, personally, would recommend using a different product.

Also, have you disabled all of your networking, maybe there is still a background program doing something?

What is your CPU usage before starting VDJ?

While Vista is not MS's best OS, I have seen it work in production fine... there just may be a bit of tweaking. Most of Vista's problems were around old hardware.

You may have a trojan or malware in the background, for this you would have to use a LiveCD and run a scan in a stand alone environment.

I have mixed video on a P4 2Ghz single core with 2 Gig of ram, so the PC is more then enough to play audio without glitching.

Inviato Fri 12 Apr 13 @ 2:37 am
The best way I've found to disable Norton is to remove it. The uninstall in the control panel won't do it, stuff will still remain. You need to google the norton removal tool.
Mcafee has some very similar issues. They also have a removal tool.

For the networking, I was talking more like unplugging the cable or turning off the wifi, not stopping services in the service manager.

Inviato Fri 12 Apr 13 @ 7:41 am

Inviato Fri 12 Apr 13 @ 7:46 am
CPU usage should be closed to zero with nothing running, not 10-30. My PC's site at almost zero with VDJ running.
Something is still trying to do something.

Inviato Fri 12 Apr 13 @ 7:50 am

Inviato Tue 16 Apr 13 @ 12:21 am
Yes skins and screen resolutions are a bit of a problem being that i have a 17" widescreen. i have windows 7 now so its a work in progress just looking for some tweaks

blckjck wrote :
CPU usage should be closed to zero with nothing running, not 10-30. My PC's site at almost zero with VDJ running.
Something is still trying to do something.

Inviato Tue 16 Apr 13 @ 12:23 am
aneurinHome userMember since 2011
i had this same crackling/static sounds problem with my fruity loops but it doesn't happen with my virtual dj. i don't know much but i don't think its a processor problem, my best guess would be either RAM or your soundcard. it is very common that people buy a new PC or lappy and just figure it will work great with music because it's a new computer, what they don't realize is that a lot of the time "new" computers have crappy soundcards.

Inviato Tue 16 Apr 13 @ 1:40 pm

I see your point, my laptop did not come from the store shelf it was custom built except that i thought that vista would be fine and i was wrong. it has an HD soundcard. I once had my sound cards disabled and i still got the same results.

aneurin wrote :
i had this same crackling/static sounds problem with my fruity loops but it doesn't happen with my virtual dj. i don't know much but i don't think its a processor problem, my best guess would be either RAM or your soundcard. it is very common that people buy a new PC or lappy and just figure it will work great with music because it's a new computer, what they don't realize is that a lot of the time "new" computers have crappy soundcards.

Inviato Thu 18 Apr 13 @ 3:45 am
Unfortunately, Vista is not a good choice of operating system. Due to poor and bloated design, it will perform poorly compared to Windows 7 or XP on the same computer, even with a fresh install from Microsoft installation CD. It also has buggy MIDI support, so if you use a MIDI controller with high resolution jogwheels, you may experience problems (The MIDI controller stops working due to Vista's MIDI support crashing.)

Upgrading to Windows 7 is strongly recommended and will give you considerably greater performance overall.

You should also ensure that your computer has been optimised for DJ performance: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Performance%20Issues.html

Inviato Thu 18 Apr 13 @ 4:52 am
I have the same problem but i dont have vista i have window 7.i close out my norton and cease all other running programs and it sroll freezes and pop .I have hpg70 laptop WHAT DO I NEED TO DO ....HEPL...

Inviato Sun 21 Apr 13 @ 8:50 am

Inviato Sun 21 Apr 13 @ 11:58 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)