Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ MAC & Virtual DJ PC

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

For all you previous VDJ PC users using VDJ MAC do you guys notice any differences: performance, stability, bugs, sound quality, video performance, latency, etc?

I'm not looking to start a MAC/PC debate. Just compare VDJ MAC and VDJ PC. I understand that not all plugins are cross platform and some users might have a better experience on the MAC side just because they received a hardware upgrade when switching.

Thanks for any help..

Inviato Thu 25 Apr 13 @ 1:15 pm
My thoughts , VDJ runs smoother on mac but uses more, a lot more CPU. VDJ on mac looks amazing very fluent. For video, PC is the way to go , more effects lower CPU usage. If you're only doing music either will work and work very well.

Inviato Thu 25 Apr 13 @ 9:23 pm
PC for me. Neither MacOS or the Mac version of VDJ were to my liking at all.

I now have a Sony Vaio SE running VDJ on Windows 7 and it's sweet!

Keith

Inviato Fri 26 Apr 13 @ 7:35 am
djjohnnyrox wrote :
My thoughts , VDJ runs smoother on mac but uses more, a lot more CPU. VDJ on mac looks amazing very fluent. For video, PC is the way to go , more effects lower CPU usage. If you're only doing music either will work and work very well.

Thanks for the info. Good to know I'm pretty much video only.

Inviato Fri 26 Apr 13 @ 12:07 pm
Macbook Pro i7 here with 500gb internal HD boot camped with Windows 7. All music and video databases are on an external 1tb USB HD. I've been using 100% videos for over 5 years on the PC side. Suits me fine.

Inviato Tue 30 Apr 13 @ 6:25 am
ansentPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Just became a Mac person recently 3 weeks, due to PC becoming quirky with overall performance.. Mac hasnt blown me away . Seems like user developed Skins and contributions are heavy tilted towards PC. Video performance has been flawless with PC with Mac on my first gig, going from Slideshow to Music videos caused the system to hang and freeze video output.

During recent gig (yesterday), VDJ (audio only party) froze completely on me and crashed mid song 3 times. Never had this happen on PC.

Little bothered by the fact I paid a decent amount for the MAC and am underwhelemed..

Inviato Mon 01 Jul 13 @ 11:12 am
ansent wrote :
Just became a Mac person recently 3 weeks, due to PC becoming quirky with overall performance.. Mac hasnt blown me away . Seems like user developed Skins and contributions are heavy tilted towards PC. Video performance has been flawless with PC with Mac on my first gig, going from Slideshow to Music videos caused the system to hang and freeze video output.

During recent gig (yesterday), VDJ (audio only party) froze completely on me and crashed mid song 3 times. Never had this happen on PC.

Little bothered by the fact I paid a decent amount for the MAC and am underwhelemed..

Im not knocking VDJ I think the software is great, it's just not video optimized for mac (my opinion) maybe the new version will change that

Bootcamp your mac, run vdj on windows you will love how it will work

Inviato Tue 02 Jul 13 @ 11:48 am
Hey Guys

I need to purchase a new laptop and basically run virtual dj on it.

I'm still tossing over pc or mac. I have been reading mixed reviews about it.

What are your views about which type of laptop should I get?

Thanks

Inviato Wed 03 Jul 13 @ 8:23 pm
PC all the way. Macs are expensive and the extra money doesn't equate to extra performance. There are plenty of good Windows machines out there and apart from the UI issues Windows 8 is fast.

The Windows version of VDJ is better IMO and has access to all the plugins and video FX.

I'm sure other will disagree though .....

Keith

Inviato Thu 04 Jul 13 @ 3:31 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
You will never find a propper answer because you always will find someone who hate windows or Mac.

In my eyes the biggest benfit on Mac side is the Operating system and thats why i never will do back to windows!
It runs smoother and i have not to install each week a bunch of updates!

Yes, we do not have that much effects on Mac side then on PC side - but myself don't really care about that.
The only bad thing from my point of view is, you can't use at the moment HD (720p/1080p) vids with VDJ on Mac.

Yes, the hardware is also overprized in my eyes, but i will buy with that some extra time for me.
I have not to tweak much around or take care about updates etc.

I'm a lazy guy :-P and overall i'm happy!

cheers

Inviato Fri 05 Jul 13 @ 3:32 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)