Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Denon MC3000 Mapping Q's

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

903djPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I just got a great deal on a Denon MC3000 on ebay. It should be here first part of next week. Very excited as this will be big step up for me over my current Hercules MK4.

Since I'm relatively new to DJ'ing and still learning to mix with 2 decks I'm thinking of doing some custom mapping for decks 3 and 4.

I've found that I can do some custom mapping based on device_side "left/right" so that buttons on one side will do one thing and I can have them do something completely different on another. Can the same thing be done with a 2 deck controller like the MC3000 for Decks 3 and 4?

Basically wanting something like this:

Decks 1 & 2 will function normally with default mapping.
Deck 3 FX & CUE buttons used to play samples 1 - 8
Deck 4 FX & CUE buttons used as pads for cue juggling cues 1-8.

Also can I use something like the following on my deck select buttons to work as a deck select when I push and to clone a deck when holding?
holding 2000ms ? deck 1 select : clone_deck

Inviato Fri 17 May 13 @ 11:07 am
OK I think I've figured out that I can determine the selected deck by using device_side verb.

If I understand this correctly, in order to set the FX 1 button to activate flanger on decks 1 & 2, but want it to be play sample 1 on deck 3 and go to cue 5 on deck 4 I would use the following:

device_side 1 ? deck 1 effect 'flanger' active : device_side 2 ? deck 2 effect 'flanger' active : device_side 3 ? sampler 1 play_stop : device_side4 ? goto_cue 5

My MC3000 should be here tomorrow and I'll test it out and report back.

Inviato Mon 20 May 13 @ 8:03 am
I couldn't get device_side to work, but I was able to use action_deck to map one button to 4 different uses depending on the selected deck.

Here's what I come up with:

action_deck 1 ? effect 'Flanger' active : action_deck 2 ? effect 'Backspin' active : action_deck 3 ? sampler 1 play while_pressed : action_deck 4 ? goto_cue 2

Deck - Action
1 - activates Flanger
2 - activates Backspin
3 - plays sampler 1 while pressed
4 - go to cue 2

Inviato Tue 21 May 13 @ 12:55 pm
device_side is used to apply an action depending on the physical side of the controller ('left' or 'right') - It won't work with a deck number. For that, you must use action_deck, as you already have done above.

Note that with the above, it will apply the action to each respective deck (E.g: Flanger on deck 1 (Even if you are working on deck 2), Backspin on deck 2, etc.) You can override this by preceding the action with the appropriate deck number (E.g: deck 1), or deck active for the deck that VirtualDJ currently considers playing out live, e.g:

action_deck 1 ? deck active effect 'Flanger' active : action_deck 2 ? deck active effect 'Backspin' active : deck active action_deck 3 ? sampler 1 play while_pressed : action_deck 4 ? deck active goto_cue 2

Inviato Tue 21 May 13 @ 1:06 pm
Support staff wrote :

Note that with the above, it will apply the action to each respective deck (E.g: Flanger on deck 1 (Even if you are working on deck 2), Backspin on deck 2, etc.) You can override this by preceding the action with the appropriate deck number (E.g: deck 1), or deck active for the deck that VirtualDJ currently considers playing out live, e.g:

action_deck 1 ? deck active effect 'Flanger' active : action_deck 2 ? deck active effect 'Backspin' active : deck active action_deck 3 ? sampler 1 play while_pressed : action_deck 4 ? deck active goto_cue 2

That's weird because I didn't experience that, but now that I've looked at it again its doing that. Thanks for the additional info!

Inviato Tue 21 May 13 @ 2:01 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)