Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 7.4 Pro bassfading/phasing issue

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

kaimliePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi all!

Setup:

VDJ 7.4 Pro ASIO Ultra latency
Asus Xonar Essence STX
Hercules Dj Console RMX USB Controller

Intel Core I7 2600K Sandy Bridge
16GB Ram
Samsung SSD 840 Pro
Windows 8 64 Bit

All audio are sent to the Xonar Essence audio card to an external headphone amplifier. No audio is processed via the Hercules, it's only a controller in my setup. It also has the latest firmware, and the audio card has the latest drivers.

I know this is an old topic, but I do have great deal of problems with bass phasing/fading/dying out when mixing two tracks together in the latest VDJ Pro version, and I haven't found any similar posts regarding this issue in the latest version of VDJ. When using keylock the tracks also often get really weird. Audible artifacts and sometimes noise/distortion come up at crossfading when using Keylock and Fast- og Advanced Timestretch. In the end I gave up the entire Keylock concept because of all of the drawbacks/problems.

As I've gotten to know - this is a common problem in earlier versions, and if both tracks have the bass level at 12'clock in the EQ (bassclash), but this happens (in my case) when the crossfader is at 1/4-1/2 (at middle) and bass EQ level on the incoming track at level 0 (7 o'clock). Does anyone here know what could cause this? It's extremely annoying, and ruins the transition into other tracks.

Is this a time-stretch issue? Will this problem be solved if using the "PureScratch" option. If so, what are the drawbacks and positive aspects of using "PureScratch"? I know I can't use Keylock or Beatlock when using "PureScratch".

Are there other settings I can change to make this problem "disappear"?

Inviato Mon 20 May 13 @ 5:57 pm
Thank you all in advance for any help regarding the issue! =)

Inviato Mon 20 May 13 @ 5:59 pm
No opinions?

Inviato Thu 23 May 13 @ 5:25 pm
Hi, this might have been covered, but the compressor in VDJ 7.X caused problems with my system. Try turning it off.

Inviato Fri 24 May 13 @ 12:55 pm
You shouldn't have any problems with the limiter providing that the gain and EQ of your songs is adjusted correctly. Please see: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Limiter.html

In particular, don't use excessive gain to compensate for speakers that aren't loud enough.

You can also use the Volume Headroom option in CONFIG -> Options to give you more headroom for boosting EQ on tracks where it's needed.

If you turn the limiter off, then you may get distortion on tracks that are boosted too much, which will result in poor sound quality and possible damage to your speakers in extreme cases.

Inviato Fri 24 May 13 @ 4:34 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)