Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: sound to light

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi. there, i'm new to virtual DJ and would to find out some answers to sound to light plug in. I'm using Sony Vaio laptop and notice that sound to light registers thru built-in microphone. If a loud noise happens near laptop, I see spike in sound to light graph. Is there some way to have S2L just read line out to sound system or is the mic the only way it will work. Have tired everything I can think of to shut down mic but then S2L doesn't work.

Thanks
Jopoloco

Inviato Thu 23 May 13 @ 11:13 pm
If we're talking about Freestyler S2L then you can configure it to read a LINE INPUT on your system instead of the MIC. For instance if your controller/mixer has a both output you could route this output back on a line input on your laptop (usually most laptops have one input marked as MIC but it can also be toggled to line input) and tell S2L to listen this port.

Another different solution is to use SBDJ's Freestyler plug-in that will override S2L and it will send the CBG on Freestyler as "step ticks"
This method is far more accurate than S2L but it has a drawback that your lights will keep moving even on silent parts of the song as the plug-in will keep sending "ticks" (as I said, it sends the CBG, not the bass/sound level)

Inviato Fri 24 May 13 @ 1:06 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)