Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: File Limit

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello,
I have done several searches, and cannot find any info on this at all. Is there a limit to the number of files that can be in one folder in VDJ? In the first program I used to DJ with using MP3s, there was a 1000 file limit per folder. My library has kept that structure for years, but now I am starting fresh on a new computer and thought this would be a good time to reorganize.
Thanks,

Inviato Thu 27 Jun 13 @ 8:41 am
There is no issue from a VDJ perspective, however it's a Windows problem that folders with a large amount of files slow things down.

Keith

Inviato Thu 27 Jun 13 @ 9:11 am
Gotcha! Thanks for your quick reply. One example of what I am talking about is I have 6 CLASSIC ROCK folders each having 1000 tracks in each and a 7th with about 670 tracks in it. it would be a lot neater to just have 1 classic rock folder.

Inviato Thu 27 Jun 13 @ 9:36 am
When using DJ software, it doesn't really matter what your folders are called, or whether you have different genres in their own folders, or years/decades/tempos - because the software's database does all the organising.

Assuming your files are tagged, the physical location of the files is irrelevant.

I too used to sort my files into different named folders, in the early days of MP3s, before I had DJ software.

Now I just make a new folder when the previous one is full (as mentioned, 1000 files is a good cut off point).

Inviato Thu 27 Jun 13 @ 9:47 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)