Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Content Unlimited not working [fixed] - Page: 2

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

groovindj wrote :
It's only there for emergencies. It's not supposed to be a way to get music on the cheap...

So many posts from premium members read as if the service is being relied on as a replacement for buying music.

Then why the hell does it cost to be a member???? I still buy my music, been doing so for 35+ years, got a storage room full of vynil and cd's, but when I get a request that I don't have I rely on it to be there. So don't give me that High n Mighty BS about getting free music. As long as you pay your fees, it should be like any other 'record pool'. Nobody here is 'stealing' the songs!!!!

Inviato Sun 30 Jun 13 @ 1:10 am
groovindj wrote :
You've got 70,000 tracks and still find the need to go on line at gigs to get stuff? I'm amazed!

I've only got half that amount and rarely get asked for something I don't have.

Ohhh but you can't have everything all the time unless you primarily play for one type of crowd......

For private functions I encourage the client to provide a list of songs prior to the gig so there are no surprises, and I'll download any I don't have before the event.

Ohhhh??? Download......... From where??

For public gigs - on the rare occasion someone asks for a track I don't have, I tell them I don't have it.

Sometimes we all have to do that......

The way I look at it is: if I don't already have it after 30 years DJing, it's probably not worth playing! :-)

But it is worth it to the person who requested it

Inviato Sun 30 Jun 13 @ 1:22 am
djikenelson wrote :
Then why the hell does it cost to be a member?

Because Atomix want to make some money. Grooveshark costs nothing.

djikenelson wrote :
Nobody here is 'stealing' the songs!

...and nobody here said you are. The songs are rented.

What amazes me most is that after so many years of DJing and gigging, anyone can have so many holes in their collection that they need to download whilst performing, on such a regular basis that they're prepared to pay a subscription fee.

I've been DJing for a similar amount of time, and I very rarely find myself in situations where I don't have a track, I'm at a gig and it's so urgent that I have to download it there and then. Even if I did download, I'd simply go to iTunes or similar and pay a one off small fee.

Inviato Sun 30 Jun 13 @ 4:36 am
djikenelson wrote :
Ohhh but you can't have everything all the time unless you primarily play for one type of crowd.

I don't claim to have everything. Not even huge companies like the BBC have everything! But what I do have has been honed very carefully to contain tracks that people know and want. The fluff gets removed (a constant job!). Holes get plugged.

djikenelson wrote :
Ohhhh??? Download......... From where?

Wherever I can buy (not rent) it legally. I download music every week, but these days it's mainly new releases, and they don't necessarily all get loaded onto my gig gear. A very small % are "hole fillers" or requests.

Inviato Sun 30 Jun 13 @ 4:52 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
djikenelson wrote :

groovindj wrote :

Grooveshark is free from a computer because its ad based for revenue. However grooveshark mobile is $9 per month. I know this because I pay to use it on my mobile phone.

Inviato Sun 30 Jun 13 @ 11:52 am
groovindj wrote :
djikenelson wrote :

djikenelson wrote :
Nobody here is 'stealing' the songs!

...and nobody here said you are. The songs are rented.

What amazes me most is that after so many years of DJing and gigging, anyone can have so many holes in their collection that they need to download whilst performing, on such a regular basis that they're prepared to pay a subscription fee.

I've been DJing for a similar amount of time, and I very rarely find myself in situations where I don't have a track, I'm at a gig and it's so urgent that I have to download it there and then. Even if I did download, I'd simply go to iTunes or similar and pay a one off small fee.

you know what amazes me in so many years of DJing? that at most gigs someone always asks for something i dont have! it never fails. so yes i would be upset if i PAID for something that i use "just in case" and its not there for me.

Ive been lucky that i have 95% of the songs people ask for but you always get that one jackhat

Inviato Sun 30 Jun 13 @ 2:30 pm
So you say:

You know what ticks me off, is they way you say stuff like 'holes'.... It sounds as if you're calling (me) an amateur because I use this Premium thing. Now I could use Acqlite or some other free file sharing app, but, I choose to 'rent' some songs by paying a fee. But, I did notice you said you dl/buy 'new' stuff. Okay, I'll salute you for that, but your condescending way towards people that use the 'Premium' system is waaayyy off base.
If you were on my Sunday gig, I believe you would have to use the word "wormhole" because it's an impossible hole to fill, even with the 'membership'...

Inviato Sun 30 Jun 13 @ 10:28 pm
djikenelson wrote :
It sounds as if you're calling (me) an amateur because I use this Premium thing.

That's your choice of words, not mine.

I don't see why my comments are so hard to understand. I'm simply saying that it surprises me how many working DJs apparently rely so heavily on being able to download tracks they don't have whilst at gigs.

Inviato Mon 01 Jul 13 @ 6:11 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Before this get's too deep ... just some 'personal' words and points.

1. ContentUnlimited should be for that 'miracle worker' moment when the user asks for something that you don't have in your collection.

2. As a DJ we should never advertise or give the impression to our customers that we have everything every produced in our collection.

3. As a computer user, if we start relying on ALL the various 'cloud' technologies to get our job(s) done - then we are only shooting our own selves in the foot. Because no matter how much we 'believe' that the cloud will be there 100% of the time that is just not a reality. So, even though ContentUnlimited has a caching ability it still relies on the 'cloud' capabilities.

Inviato Mon 01 Jul 13 @ 9:16 am
lien26PRO InfinityMember since 2011
AGAIN it seems that it is NOT WORKING more than it is these days, maybe test the software before releasing it to customers might help more in the future, or if you cant guarentee that the service the customer is paying for cant be achieved why use it, find another source to provide us music as it seems more money is being wasted than being used.

Inviato Tue 02 Jul 13 @ 3:06 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
lien26 wrote :
AGAIN it seems that it is NOT WORKING more than it is these days, maybe test the software before releasing it to customers might help more in the future, or if you cant guarentee that the service the customer is paying for cant be achieved why use it, find another source to provide us music as it seems more money is being wasted than being used.

Just tested all 3 services and they are working without a problem.

Inviato Tue 02 Jul 13 @ 3:18 pm
lien26 wrote :

This service has been tested, extensively, and works flawlessly as it is intended, most of the time. There are no guarantees given. As a matter of fact, if you can tell me any service that guarantees uninterrupted service, let me know. Power, cable, satellite, mail, and phone services all have interruptions, and most of us, have learned to live with them. Yeah, it's an inconvenience, but not the end of the world. As in life, there are things beyond our control. As for finding another source, I'm not sure, but I think this works for most of us. We all have choices.

Inviato Tue 02 Jul 13 @ 5:37 pm
I had between 50 & 60 songs cached from content unlimited and now they are gone without warning, what happened to them and can this not happen again?

Inviato Sun 14 Jul 13 @ 12:59 pm
What does that mean "gone without warning"? You changed nothing? Your cache folder just disappeared?

Inviato Sun 14 Jul 13 @ 5:16 pm
I can connect on my laptop[, and refresh cache authorizations but can not cache anything new. The desktop seems to work fine though. Suggestions?

-Chuck

Inviato Wed 14 Aug 13 @ 10:59 pm
does the content music subscription work on the free version?

Inviato Mon 23 Sep 13 @ 5:52 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Inviato Mon 23 Sep 13 @ 7:48 pm
Do we get credit since net search is down

Inviato Fri 21 Mar 14 @ 3:12 am
No, because NetSearch is free bonus additional content from various free sources on the Internet.

The subscription content that you pay for (Audio subscription provided by Grooveshark in your case) is available and is currently working OK. To search your subscription content, please click on the ContentUnlimited -> Audio folder.

Please note that that the free bonus content via the ContentUnlimited -> NetSearch folder comes from various 3rd party providers over which we have no control. The availability of this free bonus content cannot be guaranteed and should not be relied on. It may become available from time-to-time due to changes made to the 3rd party provider's websites. Please see our FAQ pages: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/ContentUnlimited%20is%20not%20working.html

Inviato Fri 21 Mar 14 @ 5:58 am
it was working and now it just shit it self... $10 a month lol...

Inviato Thu 17 Jul 14 @ 6:54 am
83%