Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Recording With the VMS2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

ZeniakLE userMember since 2013
Hey guys,

I'm kind of new to this whole DJing thing, and I wanted to start recording my mixes. (Been mixing casually for about 6ish months give or take a few. I'm okay to good-ish with beat-matching, counting bars etc. I can hold my own w/o the sync button.) However, whenever I try to record my cross-fading & EQ'ing is not recorded in the audio. I read somewhere that I needed to route the booth into my computer to record those effects however I haven't figured out how to do so... I can set up the record loop-back, but then my controller is non responsive due to the advanced config using none of the default settings if you use any part of the advanced options. I messed around with the settings, but I couldn't get anything to work.

I only have the VMS2, my Asus G73Jh, a RCA cable to male. (The little plug 1/4 or 1/8 I can't remember... It plugs into iPhone headjacks and my computer. Lol) I also have a male to male cord as well. I do NOT have an external sound card aside from the one inside the VMS2.

If anyone could help me with this I would greatly appreciate it. Been promising one of my friends a top-notch mix for a while now! Lol

Inviato Sat 13 Jul 13 @ 12:33 am
It's all in the FAQ here.

IMO the best way to record your DJ mix is to use a recording device! In days gone by, these were known as tape decks. :-)

The modern equivalent is called a "digital audio recorder". Zoom is a popular brand, as are Olympus, Yamaha, Roland, Tascam, Sony....

Prices start at around £70.

Inviato Sat 13 Jul 13 @ 5:51 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012

Inviato Sat 13 Jul 13 @ 3:19 pm
It may be the same price, but unfortunately it has no onboard power (so needs a PSU), no onboard storage (so needs a flash drive), no display of any kind, no level control, no means of playing back or monitoring your recording, it's made entirely of plastic, only has a choice of two bit rates, only records to MP3...

Pretty much any of the other digital recorders have battery/mains power, onboard storage, a display, sturdy construction, MP3 or WAV recording, 16 bit or 24 bit recording at CD quality or higher, input/output level controls, a headphone socket and onboard speakers (on some units). They are usually also expandable with SD cards and have high quality onboard mics, should you need them.

No comparison.

If the Mixtape sold for $20 instead of over $100 it might have stood a chance.

Inviato Sat 13 Jul 13 @ 3:46 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
personal priorities are importand. We just had a close look to the qualitiy of the recording. The mixtape is simple and easy to use and so are the settings ( and no, i dont get any money from reloop....;-). This is just a simple tool to get a high quality mp3 recording. That´s all.
Don´t mind that there is no battery. If i record my set, i use Laptop and Controller, so i will find also a plug for the mixtape. I have dozends of flash drives, so for me, this isnt the point. But there a better ( and more expensive) devices avaliable i bet...
Display, Battery or internal storage ....need or no need...it is up to the buyer´s ....;-)

Inviato Sat 13 Jul 13 @ 4:05 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)