Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Too many USB connections?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I'm getting the infamous crossfader drift on both my MTP and American Audio MXR 14 mixer (when using time code). I use a powered USB hub for my external HD, laptop cooler, and just recently...my Korg Nanopad. The MTP and MXR are plugged into their own port on the laptop. Ever since I started plugging in the Nanopad into the powered hub, the drift has been happening where if it's all the way to the right, it drifts towards the left on its own without touching anything.

I have a can of compressed air at home, so I'm gonna try and blow out the crossfaders. The MXR is brand new and has only been used a few times. I'm also gonna try the miditrace.exe and see if there are any signals going out.

But before I do all that, is it a common thing to happen where if you have too many USB connections, you can get interference to cause the software to do weird things? I read a few of the other posts related to this problem but none of them mentioned interference from too many connections. Since everything started once I plugged in the Nanopad, I'm thinking that could essentially be the issue.

Inviato Wed 31 Jul 13 @ 3:41 pm
Hmm, I've never had that happen and I'm using 2 LPD8's, SL3, Pioneer DJM T1, My Cinq screen and a Maschine Mikro.

Inviato Thu 01 Aug 13 @ 8:42 pm
Well, I'm at a loss. I removed the Nanopad and its still doing it. I sprayed electrical contact cleaner in both the MTP and MXR and it's still doing it. I took the crossfader out of the MXR and inspected it. It still looks brand new with barely any use (considering I really have barely used it). There's still crossfader drift. I ran the miditrace, and it's getting a signal even when not touching it. Crossfader is linked to VDJ one which I dont want to turn off since I spin videos. Looking at the other threads that discuss people who have had the similar problem, most people said it could be caused from a bad crossfader. The MTP I can maybe understand since it's not the most quality piece of equipment and it's about 2 years old with a lot of usage. But the MXR is brand new. The fact that they both are doing the same exact thing is making believe it has to be something else other than a bad crossfader. Any suggestions or something else to look for that I might be missing? My other USB port stopped working so now everything is plugged into the powered hub, and it's plugged into the only one port that works now.

Dell Inspiron Laptop
8 Gigs of Ram
External HD
I3 Processor
7 port powered USB hub with Midi cable, Nanopad, and HD plugged into it

I think it's time I start looking at new laptops also BTW. Could a laptop that's on it's last leg cause the problem I'm having?

Inviato Sat 03 Aug 13 @ 9:50 am
This is most likely a hardware fault. USB issues would normally mean that the entire controller wouldn't work at all or would work intermittently.

It's just a co-incidence that two different controllers are having the same problem. The crossfader gets a lot of wear and tear with use. Contact cleaner usually helps, but if it hasn't helped, then the fader may be physically damaged or faulty and needs replacing.

Try using the controller with MIDItrace on another computer that you haven't used it with (E.g: A friend's computer) and see if is still sending the crossfader MIDI messages of its own accord. This will confirm that problem is with the controller itself.

Inviato Sun 04 Aug 13 @ 11:49 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)