Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Mono/Stereo toggle switch

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

it would be very handy to have a switch to toggle the main output between mono and stereo

handy for single speaker use, or having to place speakers in a less than ideal configuration

best would be for the switch to be on the skin near the master volume, but even if it was in the settings menu it would be ok..

Inviato Mon 26 Aug 13 @ 11:47 am
+1000

Inviato Mon 26 Aug 13 @ 8:31 pm

Inviato Mon 26 Aug 13 @ 8:45 pm
....but that doesn't provide a mono signal - only left, right or reversed. Plus it can't be applied to the master output.

I do recall asking Scott to add a mono option to that plugin during another thread on the subject a few months ago.

It would be useful to have an "official" way of doing it though, on the master output.

Inviato Tue 27 Aug 13 @ 5:50 am
Well when 8 comes out youll be able to apply it to either channel or the master, as far as mono youd use the advanced config to set that up.........

Inviato Tue 27 Aug 13 @ 6:25 am
As VirtualDJ can run many VST plugins, i use this to achieve true "mono"

http://archive.org/details/StereoToolsVstPlug-in

As you cannot assign this to MASTER, i have set the option in config to keep effects active when i load a new song on deck, and activate this on both or all decks..

Inviato Thu 29 Aug 13 @ 7:11 pm
Good find!

This could also be used to narrow the panning of those annoying old "artificial stereo" tracks from the 60s. Just pan each channel in towards the centre. The nearer to centre you get, the narrower the stereo width.

With those old extreme tracks, it's surprising just how narrow you can make them without going completely mono.

I tend to do mine in an audio editor and save a new version rather than mess about live.

Inviato Fri 30 Aug 13 @ 5:02 am
Plus it can't be applied to the master output.

Inviato Thu 05 Sep 13 @ 3:52 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)