Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: VU Meter Levels

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

ClayDJPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Currently my VU meters only show the track input level no matter where my external mixer's fader is.
I would like the VU meters to display the level in reference to the external mixer's fader level.

What would be the script to do this?
Thanks in advance,
Clay

Inviato Mon 30 Sep 13 @ 8:16 am
If you are using an external hardware audio mixer, then unfortunately that's impossible. There's no way for VIrtualDJ to know what level your external mixer's slider is at or how many LED's of its vu meter are being lit.

If you are using a software MIDI mixer, then you can optionally change get level in the mapping to get vu_meter - The difference is get level is pre-fader, so you can see the output level of a song you are pre-listening to in your headphones and adjust its gain if necessary to match the the song that's playing out live. get vu_meter is post fader and takes into account the output volume level, so if you have the channel's fader down and/or the audio crossfader over to the other deck, no LED's will illuminate.

Inviato Mon 30 Sep 13 @ 9:49 am
ClayDJPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Thanks for the response Teamer.
Yes, I am using a software midi mixer (Behringer 4000)
I may be placing the 'get vu_meter' string in the wrong place.

I have tried 'get vu_meter' for the channel fader script but the meters still display the track's input levels no matter where the channel fader is located.

Should I be placing it in for the channel fader script or elsewhere?

Thanks again,
Clay

Inviato Mon 30 Sep 13 @ 1:48 pm
bumping this but i know its an old thread. my current vu meter script looks like this.

var '$master' ? deck master get_vu_meter_left : deck left get_level - right now this will get the master level when master button is clicked and get pre fader level when of left deck when its unclicked.

this is because my controller has a master switch to make the meters display master level and channel level on the same meters.

question is, is there a complicated script to use so that the level will be pre fader like above but when i move the cross fader or one of the line faders over to the other side the leds to react to that as well. so basically to combine get_level and get_vu_meter in the same script i guess.

Inviato Sun 15 Apr 18 @ 4:06 pm
You should start a new thread and explain exactly how you want your VU's to work.
With VDJ-Script almost everything is possible, but in order to get the correct script we have to understand what you're trying to achieve (and your current explanation is not 100% clear)

Inviato Mon 16 Apr 18 @ 8:15 am
Didnt wanna start a new thread since I always search first before starting a new thread.

So basically what I need is for the vu metering to work pre fader so I can adjust gain properly but also respond when I move the faders as well. So basically to work both post fader and prefader

Inviato Mon 16 Apr 18 @ 12:49 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If it responds to the faders it is post-fader no? I don't get what the difference is between what you describe and post-fader.

Inviato Mon 16 Apr 18 @ 1:37 pm
So you want pre-fader when volume fader is down (volume closed) and post-fader when volume fader is up ?

param_bigger 0 get_volume ? get_vu_meter : get_level

Inviato Mon 16 Apr 18 @ 1:42 pm
It is currently post fader. If I put get_vu it will be post fader where the leds will only show if the crossfader moves to the center or if I move the up faders. If I out get_level then it's basically pre fader where the fader movement doesn't do anything to the leds, only the gain knobs will affect the leds. What I need is to combine these two so that it works then I change the gain as well as move the faders

Inviato Mon 16 Apr 18 @ 1:45 pm
The word "combine" here is the key.
How ?
What the VU LEDS should show, under what circumstances ?

I gave you a code above that would make sense (pre-fader when deck is not on air, post-fader when deck is on air). Have you tried it ? If that doesn't suit you, when and how should the VU's switch from one to another ?

Keep in mind that pre-fader equals to post-fader when fader is all the way up!

Inviato Mon 16 Apr 18 @ 1:51 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
so you want it to move with the up faders, but not the crossfader?

Inviato Mon 16 Apr 18 @ 1:52 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
So you want pre-fader when volume fader is down (volume closed) and post-fader when volume fader is up ?

param_bigger 0 get_volume ? get_vu_meter : get_level

So sorry I didn't see this reply. This is what I wanted will try this script and let u know.

Inviato Mon 16 Apr 18 @ 1:59 pm
so i have the below written for both vu led meters one for left and one for right

var '$master' ? deck master get_vu_meter_left : param_bigger 0 get_volume ? get_vu_meter_left : get_level_left
var '$master' ? deck master get_vu_meter_right : param_bigger 0 get_volume ? get_vu_meter_right : get_level_right

the script work perfectly for the right deck, but when i play the left deck with no right deck playing both left and right leds show the levels of the left deck. any ideas why that is happening. for the right deck its working perfecty. for examle if i play only the right deck, the right leds light up and respond to both gain and post fader.

to give some context the controller is vesadeck american audio. and it only has one stip of leds for left and right. so i am guessing this is something to do with stereo? since VDJ has two led stips for each channel so all together 4 while the controller only has 2.

thoughts?

Inviato Mon 16 Apr 18 @ 3:03 pm
Are you using this script on a controller ? Or on a skin ?
That's very important.
On a skin you need to specify the working deck on your scripts
On your controller depending the controller itself you may or may not need to specify the deck

Also keep in mind that the word 'left' on get_vu_meter_left means the left channel from the stereo signal.

PS: If I could make a guess you're asking for this code:

var '$master' ? deck master get_vu_meter_left : deck left param_bigger 0 get_volume ? deck left get_vu_meter : deck left get_level
var '$master' ? deck master get_vu_meter_right : deck right param_bigger 0 get_volume ? deck right get_vu_meter : deck right get_level

Inviato Mon 16 Apr 18 @ 7:21 pm
this worked pretty well.. there is smal glitch but i dont know if it could be fixed.

so the left and right led's work for gain as well as the upfaders. however if i bring the upfader all the way down to the end the leds will start blinking again as i guess since the track is stil playing although the upfader is completely closed. it will start blinking i guess its because in the skin the leds are actually only pre fader ?

Inviato Mon 16 Apr 18 @ 8:07 pm
voseoneControlleristMember since 2015
Wonder if I could use this as a scratch pad in place of a jogwheel.

Inviato Wed 16 Sep 20 @ 10:36 pm
voseone wrote :
Wonder if I could use this as a scratch pad in place of a jogwheel.

You can try the Scratch performance pads default in VirtualDJ
But you replied in a 2 year old thread about VU meteres, so perhaps make your own new posts when you have something to post :)

Inviato Thu 17 Sep 20 @ 12:33 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)