Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Gemini CNTRL-7 Not working properly

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi, I bought the Gemini cntrl-7 about six month ago it worked great then all of the sudden giving me sound card errors and the controller will not respond. I've tried the clean install like the web site said but still will not work any ideas???

Inviato Tue 29 Oct 13 @ 8:07 pm
I forgot to say that have a DELL laptop and running Windows 8

Inviato Wed 30 Oct 13 @ 5:10 am
1] Try a different USB cable
2] Try using a different computer
3] Maybe your CNTRL-7 is broken

Inviato Wed 30 Oct 13 @ 12:31 pm
I tried all both of your suggestions and neither of them worked but I do have 2 CNTRL-7's and they both are acting the same I don't know if they are both messed up or if it's a setting in my comp. But it just quit playing about half way through a song and has not worked properly ever sense. I am getting frustrated.

Inviato Wed 30 Oct 13 @ 8:59 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Take a look at the Device Manager and see if the controller is detected as both Midi and Sound device and no error (explanation mark) is present there.
Are you using 3,0 USB ports ? Several midi controllers do not work properly if plugged to such ports. If your computer has not any USB 2.0 ports, a powered USB 2.0 hub may solve your issue.

Not sure how the LE version of Gemini behaves.. does it allow you to launch and use the software or does it comes with a "Device not detected " message ? Do you have sound using the sound card of Gemini, and keyboard-mouse ?

Try to replace the USB cable with a spare or new one.

If none of the above works, then see this http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/midinotdetected.html ... but i would recommend to do a fresh installation of Windows, as the provided instructions do not apply to all Windows Operating systems.

Inviato Thu 31 Oct 13 @ 6:05 am
my gemini cntrl-7 left deck start and sticking and bpm light stays on what to do ?

Inviato Fri 08 Aug 14 @ 10:51 pm
shagtheman wrote :
I tried all both of your suggestions and neither of them worked but I do have 2 CNTRL-7's and they both are acting the same I don't know if they are both messed up or if it's a setting in my comp. But it just quit playing about half way through a song and has not worked properly ever sense. I am getting frustrated.

I am having the same issue. I spoke to Virtual DJ and they determined it was a hardware failure. I am annoyed too

Inviato Fri 10 Aug 18 @ 6:35 pm
I know you may think you have the same issue, but we won't know since he was using 2013 software, and hardware. Your version and build number, along with any firmware or drivers is probably totally different. At any rate, this thread is outdated, and if you have any more questions, please start a new thread, thank you.

Locked by AMAHM

Inviato Fri 24 Aug 18 @ 8:59 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)