Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: SYNC & REMOTE CONTROL

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I'm asking for not only SYNC function with another DJ's laptop returned to current versions of VDJ, but also send his/her BPM and KEY settings to my laptop's deck in live playback. Transmit his/her ARTIST, TITLE, KEY, and BPM information to my laptop's skin so I can see where he/she is without me physically hovering over his/her laptop.

Perhaps create a BUTTON selectable on any DECK that can make the IP link and pull over his/her information. Have it display like a normal track on my selected DECK. It would perhaps be a "read only" DECK because it might get a little hairy if I could remotely control his/her DECK from my laptop. Still that still would be a neat tool.

The DECK could change color to show you're in "LINK-A-FRIEND" mode. It could be switched off to go back to 4 decks if you are using a 4 deck skin.

This would be an excellent app for DJ's to have FUN teaming up wth each other. If it's "read-only" mode then there has to be a good level of communication between the DJs. Let me know when you're changing BPM. And what BPM you're choosing.

Tommy & I have the wireless connection set up through a router. Now we need the application. I suppose we can revert back to an earlier release. There are some worries of screwing things up. It would be much easier if this feature with enhancements were returned to current versions of VDJ.

Thanks !

Jimmy

Inviato Tue 07 Jan 14 @ 1:02 pm
I never used the old network sync feature, but reading about it from old posts it was very basic. It was literally just the ability to press sync on another installation of VDJ.

Your suggestions of being able to communicate artist, title, key, BPM etc. would enhance things.

I think maybe rather than just sync though, it would be good to have another copy of VDJ act as a remote for a master copy. At the moment VDJ insists on being the master in any master/slave configuration (MIDI, ReWire etc.) so you can't master/slave two instances of VDJ.

Remember we have the ability for a max of 99 decks in VDJ.......but it's obviously not very practical to display that number on a single screen. If it were possible to add X number of decks from VDJ on one machine to run alongside X decks from another via LAN, it would make higher deck counts more practical - you wouldn't need to use a certain skin and so on.

Running one VDJ for audio and one for video springs to mind too.

Inviato Tue 07 Jan 14 @ 1:53 pm
I see this as an "ip deck" or a "remote deck" and why just be restricted to 1...

You switch any deck to "ip mode" and it searches for other VDJs on the same LAN that have been set to "share mode". Once connected the current deck of the remote VDJ is displayed in all its glory on the skin as if the it was playing locally. Even if the DJ mixes to the next track that then becomes the current deck and the details transmitted.

Not the sound, just the track info in real time. Like a gamer receiving real time updates from other players.

The DJs would be responsible for connecting their respective sound cards/controllers to the PA.

Skins with multiple decks could link up with multiple DJs. DJs could choose to be in share mode or not. Virtual DJ could still receive a shared connection even if not sharing themselves.

Does this make sense...

Cheers,

Roy

Inviato Tue 07 Jan 14 @ 4:22 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)