Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Mixing videos until fader is pushed all the way

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

mizurPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi, I have a question.

Is it possible when mixing videos to have the incoming video show up on screen ONLY until the fader has completely cut-off the previous one?

Some times I don't want the crowd to notice which video comes next, but whenever I start the mix, the video starts to show, in grid or cube or whatever.

I know I can separate video and audio faders but this I double the work. And mixing with Denon MC6000 it's quite a challenge cause the fader has to be video selected to work.

As per the instructions for settings for such controller.

So I wanted to know...

Is there an add-on or a setting that allows the incoming video to display only until the fader has reached i'ts full side?

To be more clear, let the playing video to occupy fullscreen until the mixing fader reaches the end of each corresponding side, then it changes the video, and so on.

Thanks.

Inviato Fri 17 Jan 14 @ 6:29 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Try mapping your crossfader as "video_crossfader" , so you should control sound with your volume faders and the video transition with the cf.
Make also shure that the option "videocrossfader linked to audio crossfader" in settings/ video is switched off. May be you need just one of these tips, depending on your hardware/ controller...

greetz
rob

Inviato Tue 21 Jan 14 @ 10:47 am
Thanks so much RobRoy for your excellent suggestion.

However, I want to keep the CrossFaders linked.

What I think I need, is kind of a transition effect.

Just instead of creating a grid, or a satellite, with outgoing and incoming videos... the effect I need should transition the incoming video until the crossfader has reached the end of it's way.

Maybe I will try to learn how to make video transition effects, and create a custom one for me.

Maybe others might find it useful. Hope is not that hard.

Thanks again Rob Roy!

Inviato Tue 28 Jan 14 @ 9:27 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
your`re always welcome...;-)
maybe you can take influence with the crossfader curve settings, if your controller has one...
if not, this script might help you:

crossfader_curve : select the curve of the crossfader. enter a value to adjust the slope from a X curve (0%) to a inverted-U curve (100%). you can also specify common curves by name ("smooth", "full", "scratch", "cut", "disabled"). or you can draw your own curve, using a syntax like 'crossfader_curve "0=[1,0]/0.5=[1,1]/1=[0,1]"'.

Inviato Wed 29 Jan 14 @ 3:10 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006

Inviato Wed 29 Jan 14 @ 3:59 pm
RobRoy, that's a great idea, i'll toy around with the settings and let you know how it goes!

RobRoy, SBDJ, thanks again, and again, and again, to both!!!!

And greetings from Mexico!

Inviato Thu 30 Jan 14 @ 3:07 pm
Hi guys

I too have a similar frustration, but have a different way of working.

I VJ all night, using 2 CDJs as controllers and a mixer in the 'traditional' way. The videos mix automatically, depending on which of the 2 players is in 'cue' mode, or when the previous player stops. To avoid the incoming track being displayed during the cueing process I have to use the cut transition.

Can there be a way of setting how far the video crossfader travels in cue mode? For example I would have that set to 0 so there's no movement in cue, yet when the previous track stops... or crossfade is activated by changing the cue status, the effect happens on the screens.

That makes sense in my head, sadly that scenario rarely transfers well to a keyboard!

Inviato Fri 24 Oct 14 @ 6:28 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)