Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: AutoVideoTransition

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
If like me you don't always run the video crossfader linked to the audio crossfader you probably manually trigger a video transition via a button.

If you're also like me you'll sometimes forget.

This plugin monitors the audio crossfader (even if disabled in software) and when that crossfader hits 0% it will trigger a timed transition to the left deck, and when it hits 100% it will trigger a timed transition to the right deck.

The time is configurable by slider.

This is an 'Others' plugin and will remember it's activation state across VDJ sessions, so it will remain active permanently until you deactivate it.

It differs slightly from the VDJ auto crossfader in that it only activates once the audio is fully crossfaded - whereas the VDJ activates straight away. I would recommend you disable the VDJ auto crossfader when using this plugin obviously!

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/16522/AutoVideoTransition.html

v1.1: Adds a VDJScript variable that you can use to get or set the state (0 = off, 1 = on) of the plugin - $autovideotransition

Regards,

Scott

Inviato Sat 01 Feb 14 @ 7:58 am
I take it that this will do away with the RVT Plugin altogether then
And just run this instead Scott ?

Inviato Sat 01 Feb 14 @ 8:16 am
@SBDJ

Wow...Wow...Wow..... That's all I can say, Perfection this is an absolute brilliant Plugin. Exactly what I was asking for so you must have understood by my description what I was explaining.

It does run in conjunction with RVT and just rolls along smooth as silk and you can adjust the length of time / how quick the transition takes,

Pure GENIUS

Thanks Scott

*** One possible amendment not so much for me as I mostly the crossfader, See how the RVT also worked with the main volume faders, Could this also do this ? ***

Let me explain <> crossfader in the middle <> playing music on deck 1 at full volume 100%, (track in deck 2 80% volume) hit the play button either mixing or at the end of the song <> pulling down the fader on deck 1, when fader is at 10% from the bottom this ACTIVATES the transition or increasing the volume in deck 2 to say 90% this ACTIVATES the transition in the same way..... what ever comes first (hard to explain hopefully you can understand this!)

As I said I mostly use crossfader so I'm quite happy with it already, But I just thinking of other guy's on here that might use it also.....that don't use the CROSSFADER. (Just a suggestion mind)

Still think this is wicked though

Inviato Sat 01 Feb 14 @ 8:36 am
Updated to v1.1 - see OP.

Inviato Sat 01 Feb 14 @ 12:38 pm
Awsome Scott!!!

Inviato Sat 01 Feb 14 @ 5:08 pm
Can someone explain how to use the Script for this ?

And what it actually does ?

Inviato Sun 02 Feb 14 @ 8:20 am
It's just to turn it on or off (and to query if it's on or off).

You could toggle it for example with:

toggle $autovideotransition

This means you could add a MIDI/Skin control easily.

Inviato Sun 02 Feb 14 @ 9:10 am
@scott

I take it you do this thru the mapper on the MC6000 ?

VDJ scripts are all new to me, And there's not a lot of info on midi
Mapping, never needed it until now..... Total newbie with this! Lol

I have looked over scripts and see you can map out things but it's
A whole different language to me..... I would need step by step instructions
How to do this I'm afraid

Inviato Sun 02 Feb 14 @ 10:16 am
can someone help me out with the script to put in the mapper, i keep getting a syntax error ?

Inviato Sun 02 Feb 14 @ 4:09 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
so what do you do exactly. please describe how you try to map...

Inviato Mon 03 Feb 14 @ 1:26 am
v1.1: Adds a VDJScript variable that you can use to get or set the state (0 = off, 1 = on) of the plugin - $autovideotransition

Can someone explain this then ?

How do you turn it on / off ?

Inviato Mon 03 Feb 14 @ 4:48 am
SBDJ wrote :

toggle $autovideotransition

Just use this.

Inviato Mon 03 Feb 14 @ 9:37 am
Sorry guys I must be thick....... I am just not getting this!!

is this script used thru <> config <> mappers <> keyboard ?

then put the string in............ toggle $autovideotransition

Inviato Mon 03 Feb 14 @ 12:38 pm
Exactly that. It can be used there.

It can also be used as a skin button.

Inviato Mon 03 Feb 14 @ 2:33 pm
Good work SBDJ. Thank you !!!

Inviato Wed 26 Feb 14 @ 3:02 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)