Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: vdj freezing while track is still playing

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

hello and good eve..

ever experience vdj 7 freezing during your set while the music keeps playing? anyone know a good fix for it? its a bit nerve wracking.. good thing i have a backup of my playlist on my iphone. i cue a track on my iphone and when the track on the frozen vdj is almost done, i mix in the cued track on my iphone and reboot the laptop. this issue started last week during a gig and it happened again just now while playing around.

i have a mbp i7 2.3ghz machine with 8 gb of ram and 200 gb of free space on my 500gb hd. i am running os mavericks. am using the pioneer ddj wego.

thanks for your advice!

warmly,

michael p

Inviato Wed 30 Apr 14 @ 11:44 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
What else beside the Wego do you have connected with your Mac?
Do you use a external harddrive or a second harddrive inside your Mac?

Inviato Sun 04 May 14 @ 7:21 am
thanks! no external devices connected, wi-fi and blue tooth turned off.

Inviato Mon 05 May 14 @ 6:56 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
So, 1) ONLY the Wego is connected with your Mac and 2) no second internal harddrive?

Inviato Mon 05 May 14 @ 7:37 am
I'm having this exact same problem, and it's making VDJ 8 unusable for me. It happens about once every 5-10 minutes. Doesn't seem to be any clear trigger that causes it to happen. The music keeps playing, but the interface freezes, mouse won't move, and system clock stops. It's happening whether or not I have a controller connected. No extra hardware plugged in, and I tried quitting all other open applications and it still happens. Running latest OS X (10.9.3) with latest VDJ 8 on a 15" MacBook Pro Retina.

I hope this bug gets fixed soon; I'm excited to use VDJ 8 but I can't until this is fixed!

Inviato Wed 21 May 14 @ 5:45 pm
DJCraig1 wrote :
I'm having this exact same problem, and it's making VDJ 8 unusable for me. It happens about once every 5-10 minutes. Doesn't seem to be any clear trigger that causes it to happen. The music keeps playing, but the interface freezes, mouse won't move, and system clock stops. It's happening whether or not I have a controller connected. No extra hardware plugged in, and I tried quitting all other open applications and it still happens. Running latest OS X (10.9.3) with latest VDJ 8 on a 15" MacBook Pro Retina.

I hope this bug gets fixed soon; I'm excited to use VDJ 8 but I can't until this is fixed!

I got the same problem !!

Inviato Thu 22 May 14 @ 4:18 pm
jjloevli wrote :
DJCraig1 wrote :

Build 1793 get my Mac to freeze completely(not only VDJ) for 1 min, music is still playing.

Inviato Sat 24 May 14 @ 9:02 am
jjloevli wrote :
jjloevli wrote :
DJCraig1 wrote :

Build 1793 get my Mac to freeze completely(not only VDJ) for 1 min, music is still playing.

Same problem with build 1806

Inviato Sun 25 May 14 @ 3:29 pm
HenhardHome userMember since 2014
Hello,

I am having the exact problem, when i play for about 10-15mins my mac freezes while the song is till playing. Is there a fix for this??

Inviato Thu 29 May 14 @ 12:49 am
KarbosPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Yes I have the same problem. Is there a solution?

thank you

Martin

Inviato Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 12:05 pm
There are couple of known freezes on the Mac side at the moment - hopefully these will be fixed soon.

We have no timescale for when this may be, but rest assured once a solution is found and confirmed, it will be released.

Inviato Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 8:06 pm
Support staff wrote :
There are couple of known freezes on the Mac side at the moment - hopefully these will be fixed soon.

We have no timescale for when this may be, but rest assured once a solution is found and confirmed, it will be released.

GOOD, in OSX it freeze, in Windows 8.1/bootcamp it,s PERFECT

Inviato Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 4:42 am
we really need this update as soon as possible, it is a shame that Mac users can not use VD8 correctly. It's very frustrating. we even does not know when the problem will be solved!!

Inviato Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 7:56 am
staying on v7 until all known freezes are fixed. better safe then sorry

Inviato Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 8:43 am
CKJEEPNPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Same problem on mine. I won't be able to use this until the freezing is fixed.

Inviato Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 5:50 pm
nsxmarvPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Last night I tried something and it worked. When my computer froze, I opened up VDJ7 and started a track on the other side. It seems I can use both versions and blend perfectly without having to close the other version. As long a I remember to turn down the volume in VDJ8 in that channel, I can play it in VDJ7 without anyone knowing the difference. This will work if someone really wants to use the new features of vdj8 but still have the reliability of VDJ7 as a backup. I then restart it and go back to VDJ8. It works on my DDJ-SB, I haven't tried it on my NS6 or NI Audio 8 yet.
15" macbook pro 2011
16gb ram
750 gb ssd
pioneer ddj-sb controller/

Inviato Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 12:22 pm
jjloevli wrote :
Support staff wrote :

GOOD, in OSX it freeze, in Windows 8.1/bootcamp it,s PERFECT

With Build 1872 everything works perfect!

Inviato Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 4:11 pm
Hi I am running a MacBook Pro mid 2015, 16gb,
Vdi8 is freezing on me to a point I have to shut it down.
I have plugged in it is ddj-sr and sometimes CDJ 2000
I also plug in a G-drive thunderbolt.. should redownload VDJ7 and us that until its fixed

Inviato Fri 24 Nov 17 @ 3:59 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)