Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: How I fixed video issues. Freezing and other errors

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I know lots of people are having video issues with virtual dj. I finally have 2 working stable machines running video on virtual dj. I figured i would make a list for everyone of the things I did to get a stable video show with VDJ. I had the dreaded memory leak on both systems to start. here we go.
1. Besides klite codecs I also downloaded DivX package and a avi codec pack.
2. Updated all my direct x 9 and 11
3. download the registry tool. In video section check nVidiaFreezeBug and VideoDeinterlaceWMP all others in video section should be unchecked.
4. For the VideoMemMaxUse I had to do 2 different things For my rackmount PC with 2GB of video ram I set it to 1000 for my laptop with a 1Gb switchable graphics i hat to set it to 16 :( But it still works great :)
5. In Virtual Dj settings on the video tap check decode while hidden and Decode in multithread

Think that about does it. Again this is for users with systems that should be able to run video flawlessly but do not. I hope it helps

Inviato Sat 10 May 14 @ 8:23 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
1. Virtual DJ uses it's own internal codecs, so unless you've modified the configuration then external codecs should make no difference to VDJ. You can verify this on the codecs tab in config - by default all video files are handled by the internal decoder.

2. Updating DirectX 9 is important for use with plugins (including the karaoke one); it will have no bearing on the core application.

3 & 4. It's wise to understand what you are setting and why. I would recommend users who are having issues try one of the fix tools available if they have an AMD/ATi or Intel graphics card and if you have issues then ask here on the forums or contact support. For example some cards will need a certain VideoMemMaxUse, some will need YV12Bug etc. We have 'Quick Fix' tools available for the most common issues.

Inviato Sat 10 May 14 @ 10:50 pm
Virtual DJ 8 freezes when loading songs on Content Unlimited.
Here are my specs:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0047.B27
SMC Version (system): 1.68f99
Serial Number (system): C02FRT4TDH2G
Hardware UUID: 63A283FE-4556-535C-A393-8F61E51FBB2E
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Please help with a fix. Thanks.

Inviato Mon 10 Nov 14 @ 4:53 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
While this is a video thread and off topic. VDJ does this because it analyzes the song when you load it on the deck. While annoying during the middle of a set and the fact that I wish it would not be, I don't see anyway to avoid this. The song has to be analysed before it can be loaded.

Inviato Tue 11 Nov 14 @ 7:41 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)