Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Rhapsody files

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

CMBDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Rhapsody files will not play in VDJ 8. Play fine in VDJ 7.

Inviato Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:38 pm
Are they DRM protected WMA files?

I encountered the same thing with files from a subscription service that I use too. I did report it.

Inviato Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:45 pm
CMBDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Yes, they are DRM files.

Inviato Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:57 pm
bump.

Is anyone at Atomix looking into this?

Inviato Fri 16 May 14 @ 6:17 am
I am also a long time Rhapsody subscriber (originally Napster before they were purchased by Rhapsody). This is a HUGE issue to me. I don't want to necessarily suggest that this is a way to force users into buying Content Unlimited, as it seems that is not the way of this company. I hope I'm proven to be a conspiracy theorist just for thinking such a thing could be possible.

Inviato Mon 26 May 14 @ 5:05 pm
Rhapsody files are DRM protected, so you will have to bypass the protection with a third party software.Google it and I'm sure you will find some programs that will work for you.

Inviato Mon 26 May 14 @ 7:44 pm
Virtual DJ has been capable of playing DRM protected files as long as I've been using it (8 years). As a matter of fact, their Content Unlimited stuff is DRM protected. To tell me that they have rendered useless the thousands of songs I've legally paid for the right to use without the help of third party re-encoding software that loses quality is insane. VDJ8 was supposed to add functionality, not remove the functionality that it and every other DJ software has always had. And that's not to mention the time that it would take to convert them into mp3s of questionable legality. No thanks. Atomix should fix this themselves since they removed it, intentionally or not. All I would like at this point is confirmation that they are working on it. It seems like it should be an easy fix since it's available EVERYWHERE on EVERY player software in existence.

Inviato Mon 26 May 14 @ 9:44 pm
duke1773ControlleristMember since 2012
Yes, I am having the same problem. I was told to download Virtual DJ8 to fix a log in issue I was having in 7 and now I can't use any of my music files.

Inviato Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 7:17 am
Rhapsody HU i gotz a harddrive full of MP3 songs i bought through the years.On VJ7 i would go and Drag and Drop a track onto any Deck. Now on VJ8 i can not. What am i missing here ?.

Inviato Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 6:31 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Unfortunately DRM protected files (such as those issued by Rhapsody) are not supported at this time.

Inviato Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 8:18 am
Any idea when this will be fixed ?

Inviato Wed 31 Dec 14 @ 10:25 pm
I've been a Content Unlimited user since I bought into the Pro version of VDJ. I don't like that I have to be in VDJ to download or listen to songs. I'm DJing ALL the time. Even when I'm not!

Please fix this issue, I'd prefer to use Rhapsody because I can use it on other devices, like my phone.

Inviato Mon 23 Feb 15 @ 2:38 pm
Looks like Atomix just want to force use of Content Unlimited which is a shame because I find it pretty rubbish. But that's business for ya!

It just seems insane that a feature is removed when a new software version is released. I have never understood why this happens unless it's deliberate.

Inviato Mon 23 Feb 15 @ 3:26 pm
I think it's probably more due to VDJ now using its own built in codecs rather than external ones.

It is a shame though because it means you can't simply add support for format X without waiting for Atomix to update the software.

Inviato Mon 23 Feb 15 @ 4:21 pm
MJ177PRO InfinityMember since 2009
I just want to bump this message again. Especially since grooveshark is no longer an option.

I'm VDJ7 user & Rhapsody subscriber (since Napster days) that would love to upgrade to VDJ8 (especially since i just bought a Pioneer DDJ-SZ), however i am unable because a portion of my library are rhapsody files. I am a premium member -- but I very rarely used the grooveshark option because...well... the legality of it... but it was nice to have there on the extreme cases.

But as a rhapsody subscriber my music is correctly licensed for use. ( at private events, not clubs)

I would very much like to see the support added for encrypted windows media files as VDJ8 is useless to me right now. =(

I'm a big supporter of VDJ -- I use it at least 3 times a week, and have convinced many of my fellow DJs over the years that going digital with VDJ is the best and easiest solution.

Atomix -- Please help me continue to support your software by returning the support of these file types!!

Thanks!!! =)

Inviato Sat 30 May 15 @ 5:04 pm
MJ177 wrote :
I just want to bump this message again. Especially since grooveshark is no longer an option.

I'm VDJ7 user & Rhapsody subscriber (since Napster days) that would love to upgrade to VDJ8 (especially since i just bought a Pioneer DDJ-SZ), however i am unable because a portion of my library are rhapsody files. I am a premium member -- but I very rarely used the grooveshark option because...well... the legality of it... but it was nice to have there on the extreme cases.

But as a rhapsody subscriber my music is correctly licensed for use. ( at private events, not clubs)

I would very much like to see the support added for encrypted windows media files as VDJ8 is useless to me right now. =(

I'm a big supporter of VDJ -- I use it at least 3 times a week, and have convinced many of my fellow DJs over the years that going digital with VDJ is the best and easiest solution.

Atomix -- Please help me continue to support your software by returning the support of these file types!!

Thanks!!! =)

The problem is that it'll possible make the software more unstable, since it's basically forign code that need to be included (like it was the case in VDJ7 with Codecs)
Serato doesn't support DRM and Traktor only some types or DRM...
I'm not sure I would like it included in the SW if there is any chance of increasing instability...
There is more technical information regarding DRM in v8 from "SBDJ" and "Dev staff" in this thread:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/189146/VirtualDJ_8_bug-report_Forum/DRM_not_supported_for_Version_8_.html

Inviato Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 8:19 am
fitziiiPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have used Rhapsody in VDJ7 for years with absolutely no issues with instability. The only reason I have continued to use VDJ is because it supported that codec. If this is no longer the case then it just gave me the last reason I need to switch over to Tractor.

Inviato Thu 05 Nov 15 @ 10:16 pm
so help me understand...

VDJ 8.x currently does NOT work with Rhapsody and
VDJ 7.x currently DOES work with Rhapsody?

I'm looking at purchasing VDJ Pro Subscription

Inviato Sat 16 Jan 16 @ 4:47 pm
A subscription will only allow you to use VDJ 8. Only the purchase of a full Pro Infinity license will permit you to use VDJ 7.

Inviato Sat 16 Jan 16 @ 6:17 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)